Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How many members have fibromyalgia? >

How many members have fibromyalgia?

How many members have fibromyalgia?

Old 03-08-2010, 09:17 AM

I have been using "pearls" which is a brand found at walmart. It has active cultures like found in yogurt only no calories It supports intestinal health and is a tiny pearl like pill so easy to swallow. It is in the vitamin isle, thin blue box.
Kat
Old 03-08-2010, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by kat13
I have been using "pearls" which is a brand found at walmart. It has active cultures like found in yogurt only no calories It supports intestinal health and is a tiny pearl like pill so easy to swallow. It is in the vitamin isle, thin blue box.
Kat
Thanks so much, I am having my third flare up in one week. I think I will try one of the above treatments. This is so dumb. I want todo so much but don't feel good, and soreness and bowels. It goes away, I have a day I just get stuff done, sure enough, the next morning I can hardly get up, I took 9th grader to school this am said " i will lay down for a min. 3 hrs later I woke up and have felt blah all day, headache stomach etc. thanks so much
Old 03-08-2010, 02:23 PM

This is so true, on a "good" day I always do to much, mostly because I am so behind from all the bad days! But yes, then I suffer for it and can't move...now if I could just figure out WHY I have the good days so I can have more of them!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 02:53 PM

Location: South Carolina; half hour away from Charlotte, N.C.

AMEN on that one Kat13!!!!
Dar
Old 03-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kat13
This is so true, on a "good" day I always do to much, mostly because I am so behind from all the bad days! But yes, then I suffer for it and can't move...now if I could just figure out WHY I have the good days so I can have more of them!!!
for me, it has so much to do with diet. You would think, ok then, just don't eat those foods...that's what I thought too.
Then I get anemic, so the only thing I can do is "rotate", and I do that by how I am feeling.
If I am 'flaring", i don't eat the foods that affect me most, but when I feel better...guess what?
To keep from getting anemic I have to eat the "offenders"!:evil:
I do take vitamins and i eat yogurt.
It's a never ending cycle and I thank God there are ppl who understand. My allergist understands too, and I am so grateful.
Now, somebody find us a cure, lol! :-D
Old 03-08-2010, 03:35 PM

I know, really wish I could figure it out. I think my DD in her thirties may have Fibro. She has suffered with crohns dis. for several years, but I think it is Fibro. All the meds don't help her at all, except for pain meds, and she needs to not rely on those. I think there are just sopme things we are going to have to kind of suffer in silence (a little) because the drs. can't keep someone doped up without it causing other problems.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:45 PM

just needed to vent:

today was such a bad FM day! i was in the fibrofog all day, stiff, sore and just not "there" -- i had trouble concentrating on my students today and the chiropractor made me want to cry. finally came home - took an hour nap, ate dinner - and now my stomach hurts and my head is throbbing.

thank you for the vent time -- the bf is awesome but just doesn't understand that i'm not lazy - just "not great"
Old 03-08-2010, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by jetnica
just needed to vent:

today was such a bad FM day! i was in the fibrofog all day, stiff, sore and just not "there" -- i had trouble concentrating on my students today and the chiropractor made me want to cry. finally came home - took an hour nap, ate dinner - and now my stomach hurts and my head is throbbing.

thank you for the vent time -- the bf is awesome but just doesn't understand that i'm not lazy - just "not great"
Sorry it's so tough. If I could wave a magic wand I'd make all of you better. It's an illness that doesn't usually kill you; just makes you wish you were dead!
Maybe tomorrow will be better.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:28 PM

What strong women you must be that hold down jobs with fibro in your lives. Formula 303 is a natural relaxant that really helps those tight muscles. I couldn't sleep without it.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:35 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by yourstrulyquilts
Originally Posted by jetnica
just needed to vent:

Sorry it's so tough. If I could wave a magic wand I'd make all of you better. It's an illness that doesn't usually kill you; just makes you wish you were dead!
Maybe tomorrow will be better.
You got that right! I'm so sorry you had such a trying day too.
It's hard when you hurt and feel so terrible that if anyone else felt this way they would be in bed for days, and yet we have to keep going, keep doing, and are supposed to be happy and cheerful all the while, still taking care of everyone else --who by the way, happen to be healthier than us. Just know that there are some of us who totally understand, and we can't stop for fear it will get the better of us. Did any of that make sense?