Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for suggestions for a pattern >

Looking for suggestions for a pattern

Looking for suggestions for a pattern

Old 11-07-2022, 04:34 PM

Default Looking for suggestions for a pattern

Hello,
I have two charm packs, a jelly roll, and a 2 1/2" square pack of a particular fabric line.
I would like some ideas of a pattern that would use these. I would be willing to buy a bit of yardage and/or background if needed to complete the project.
Ideas?
Old 11-07-2022, 05:06 PM

I think the easiest way to incorporate all of those would be to simply find a jelly roll pattern you like (get the background fabric you need), then use the charm packs and mini charms to make something for a coordinating pieced border.
Old 11-07-2022, 05:32 PM
DJ

If you found a pattern you like that uses primarily 2 1/2" squares, your other pre-cuts could be sub-cut to those squares. They would be great for half-square-triangles.

I happen to have made a bunch of those today. Mine are for a tree of life center block surrounded by maple leaf blocks. I used the method where you cut 2 1/2" squares, face two squares together, sew 1/4" on both sides of the diagonal center line, cut apart on the diagonal, trim to 2" squares.
Old 11-07-2022, 05:49 PM

If you go to you tube and search "Missouri star quilts", you will find dozens of patterns Jenny Doan uses with charm packs and jelly rolls.
Old 11-08-2022, 01:21 AM

You could make a Chandelier quilt with the charm packs and 2 1/2 inch square packs. It is a quick and pretty easy quilt to sew up. You could make a different jelly roll pattern (sorry no ideas ) and use it as the backing and make a reversible quilt or just make a separate quilt. LOL
Anyway, here is a link to the blog and free Chandelier pattern:

https://blog.lellaboutique.com/2021/...quilt-pattern/

Old 11-08-2022, 04:45 AM

CorianderQuilts - Etsy

I have several patterns from Coriander Quilts by Corey Yoder. All are easy too make and instructions are clear. The one I'm thinking about for your fabric would be #194 Jelly Sticks,, but she has other great pattern that would also work for you....check out her Etsy shop.
Old 11-08-2022, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by DJ View Post
If you found a pattern you like that uses primarily 2 1/2" squares, your other pre-cuts could be sub-cut to those squares. They would be great for half-square-triangles.

I happen to have made a bunch of those today. Mine are for a tree of life center block surrounded by maple leaf blocks. I used the method where you cut 2 1/2" squares, face two squares together, sew 1/4" on both sides of the diagonal center line, cut apart on the diagonal, trim to 2" squares.

There are many suggestions for how to use 2.5" squares on this board. You can start with the 2022 Birthday Swap thread here on the Quilting Board. We love these little cuts and you will find many ideas and photos. Check it out! Who knows you may want to join us for 2023.