Grand Quilter noise.

Old 11-10-2022, 01:13 PM

Default Grand Quilter noise.

Hello, I have followed this board for a long time. Even thought I was registered until I wanted to ask a question but found out I was not.

I got a new to me Pfaff Hobby 1200 Grand Quilter. For those of you familiar with the machine, is the bobbin area generally noisy (growl vibration type noise)? It does it without the bobbin in it also. If I push in on the center shaft the noise quits. It is well oiled and clean. I basically know nothing about this machine other than I expect it to do exactly what I need from what I have read about its abilities. Taking it to a dealer is possible just real difficult so I am hoping to figure out if the noise is common / usual or if I need to be looking at something else as the cause.

Old 11-10-2022, 08:19 PM

This doesn't solve your problem but this man's video is really good about bobbin tension. Maybe some of the tips he gave about threading the bobbin might have to do with your noise. He did not mention anything about what would cause bobbin noise but thought this video might help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1mR...TaxSTV4mxj872g
Old 11-11-2022, 09:04 AM

Osewme..... Thank you.
Old 11-11-2022, 12:28 PM

Have you tried a new needle?
Are you sure the timing isn't out and the needle isn't hitting the hook? If you take the plate off and turn it by hand, you should be able to tell.
This is what I would try, first.

Watson
Old 11-11-2022, 05:55 PM

It’s been a while since I had mine but it was noisy. And when the bobbin was low it did make a metallic noise that was even louder. Did you notice it got louder as the bobbin got used up?