Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend Nov 11-13, 2022 >

Virtual quilting weekend Nov 11-13, 2022

Virtual quilting weekend Nov 11-13, 2022

Old 11-11-2022, 08:46 PM

Thank you Heather for hosting.

For this weekend. My goals this weekend: 1 = Bind 2 tops; 2 = Quilt 2 baby tops; 3. Load a king size quilt on the long arm. I will quilt later this week; 4 = finish putting together the Halloween 👻 top and get backing and binding cut and ready to quilt; 5 = get 1/2 of the r/w/blk blocks sewn; and finally; 6 = pull my fabric out, wash and iron in preparation for BHMQ-2022. Starting in 2 weeks. Again that should keep me busy.

Today I set up 1 baby quilt on LA & will quilt tomorrow. Then I ran errands and went out for dinner with my hubby.

I hope all the vets and active duty had a safe and fabulous day. Thank you!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2022, 03:17 AM

I love you quilt Cjsews, could you share the pattern name? Looks like progress for many! My daughter was up yesterday so only got a few blocks done when she left in the afternoon. Today I hope to finish up the last dozen blocks and work on fabric prep for the last blocks in this quilt.
I hope those not feeling well feel better soon!
Old 11-12-2022, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltah Mama View Post
Thank you Heather for hosting. I hope you feel better soon. Fatigue seems to be a major symptom with this strain of the covid. Paper piecing paper that needs to be removed is a project that seems tedious, but is necessary, and perfect for when you are not feeling up to snuff.
I am signed up for a craft fair next weekend, so will be working on jelly roll table runners. I'm nearing the end of my goal of 20 to have made up to sell, I need to make four more, then I'm ready for the show, hopefully by weekend's end that will be accomplished. Can't wait to see what everyone will be working on this weekend, happy sewing everyone.
Hi Kara,

Where is the craft fair? Wishing you a profitable attendance.
Old 11-12-2022, 04:49 AM

I am a day late, but I'm here. Thanks for hosting again, Heather.

Currently undecided on what to do this weekend, sister's quilt needs worked on, have some small pegboard baskets from SewCanShe that I want to do for my cross stitching, some pouches to make and then naturally, my cross stitching, which I am still elbows deep into.

I have to straighten up my sewing corner a little, first, but even before that, I need coffee.
Old 11-12-2022, 05:07 AM

Plugging away on my Vintage Rose. I’m slow but persistent. Still piecing the 20 outer arcs. Each one has 23 pieces times 20 arcs. So, 460 pieces for just one set of arcs. Plus I’ve spent the last 3-4 nights removing paper from the back. Deep into it. Will be a huge relief when it’s done.
Old 11-12-2022, 06:48 AM

Wish I could participate but am working on a making a scrapbook for Granddaughter who graduated last year. Lots of cutting and pasting of highlights of her Senior year. I made one for her brother last year for Christmas and he really likes it, so of course, have to make one for the next one graduating. Hope you all get done what you are working on.
Old 11-12-2022, 07:31 AM

Yay! Thanks for hosting again Heather and I hope you feel better soon!

GingerK-hope you're feeling better soon, too.

I spent all day yesterday at a class learning how to use a Creative Grids ruler called Strippy Stars tool, it makes tri-recs units much easier and faster than the old trip-recs rulers I have. Today I want to spend some time quilting my "Frontier" table topper and if I've got time I'll also choose some fabrics for the next round on a monthly class quilt.

Goals for this weekend- finish quilting and bind the Frontier table topper. Get the fabric chosen and the units all cut out for the next round in the monthly class quilt. Start detail quilting my WIP art quilt.

Can't wait to see what everyone is working on.

Rob
Old 11-12-2022, 08:08 AM

My progress so far on the birthday banner, it is 19 x 33”. Rather than print photos onto fabric for the windows, I will print some photos of my granddaughter, and then trim them to the window size and stitch them on, that way they can easily be removed in case we want to put other kids photos in there.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CDB4F6F6-A396-4438-9993-A79E8303CF5F.jpeg
Views:	48
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	641302  

Last edited by thimblebug6000; 11-12-2022 at 08:10 AM.
Old 11-12-2022, 10:50 AM

Unfortunately no sewing for me. Decided to control the chaos in the sewing room. Found a large plactic tote w/lid and will dump all those scraps into ONE, hopefully ONE container. Hoping fo find a winning lottery ticket under the cuttng table I can still cash in.,,ylleah in my dreams.Once I have reclaimed my floor and smaller containers I can clear off the cutting table.Then next project is to open all the shoe box containers, clear ones, and sort/rearrange the fat quarters. Going to forget the jelly rolls until January. Geeze souds llke a lot of work. Maybe I'll take a nap first...lol
Old 11-12-2022, 11:56 AM

Ta-Da! Finished the binding on this quilt last night as promised. I can check this one off my list for this weekend It is a mystery quilt from my quilting group. I started with the back and pulled colors from that fabric to meet the requirements for the mystery. All fabric was from my stash. I did send it out to my favorite longarm quilter because of the large open spaces and her quilting filled them well. This will be a gift for someone, just don't know who. On to the next quilt and its binding as well as some little odds and ends: hemming a t-shirt, finishing two blocks for a surprise quilt for a gal from my quilt group whose house burned to the ground and making some ornaments for holiday gifting.

Boy, it feels good to be making progress to finishing items on my list.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-11-11 2022 Mystery Quilt  More accurate colors.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	312.2 KB
ID:	641303   Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-11-11 2022 Mystery Quilt  back.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	319.6 KB
ID:	641304