Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend— Nov 24- Nov 27, 2022 >

Virtual quilting weekend— Nov 24- Nov 27, 2022

Virtual quilting weekend— Nov 24- Nov 27, 2022

Old 11-25-2022, 04:29 AM

I hope to have finished long arming a big quilt ( on the final short border!) and I like to think I'll have a smaller quilt loaded and ready to roll Monday morning. In between, I hope to be piecing blocks and a small name banner. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and let's be thankful for each other.
Old 11-25-2022, 06:48 AM

Well, after spending the last hour troubleshooting my Chromebook, let's see if it behaves enough that I can finally post something on here. I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was wonderful yesterday, I had some slight turkey drama and didn't eat until well after what I was planning for us, but we ate well and now I'm having a breakfast of warm turkey, gravy and biscuits.

I probably won't be doing a lot of sewing this weekend, but I do plan on getting my ironing station re-organized. When the cross-stitch bug bit me, I had ordered some pre-cuts just prior to that and when they arrived, I just shoved them where I could with the mindset, 'I'll put them where they belong later'. Well, two dozen new cross-stitch patterns, a floor stand and now a table stand later, the sewing bug has been nibbling on me and I'm to the point that I need to re-organize, then I can sew. I'll attempt to post pictures later, but I'm not guaranteeing anything because for whatever reason, both my Lenovo and my Chromebook is having issues letting me post pictures, even in Facebook.

Right now, it's gloomy, wet and foggy, perfect weekend to work in my sewing corner.

Heather - thanks again for hosting another fabulous weekend for us, I didn't catch it, but when is the next VQW?
Old 11-25-2022, 08:49 AM

I'm still joining Dear Jane blocks, so there will be a center! All the border triangles and kites are already pieced, so I might be able to start that soon.
Old 11-25-2022, 01:29 PM

BH mystery fabric just arrived. And clue posted today. Pic in challenges/BH mystery

Finished quilt and it’s hung. Finally decorating.
Old 11-25-2022, 03:57 PM

kristijoy--I'm sure you're not the only one working on Bonnie Hunter this VQW!

Railroadersbrat--we had turkey technical difficulties too Turkey took an hour longer to cook than it should have and the sides were done on time.

The next VQW will be December 16-18, 2022

It has been a busy day here. I was able to finish a couple small projects in my sewing room. I took down the Thanksgiving decorations and we brought all the Christmas stuff out of the basement. I made turkey noodle soup with some of the leftovers. We have lots of turkey leftover--18 pound turkey for two of us. My husband really likes turkey.
Old 11-25-2022, 06:06 PM

Is any one having problems uploading photos in the past few days? I know how and share photos frequently, but since Wednesday, I continuously get an error message when attempting to upload a photo to this thread or others on the Quilting Board.
This is the message I get. Even with ophotos I have posted in the past 3 months.

TypeError: Cannot access offset of type string on string in ..../vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_vb.php on line 1798

I have been working on my Christmas quilt and have Part 1- 80 four patches finished.

Part 2 tomorrow. Yeah!!!

Last edited by WMUTeach; 11-25-2022 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-25-2022, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Is any one having problems uploading photos in the past few days? I know how and share photos frequently, but since Wednesday, I continuously get an error message when attempting to upload a photo to this thread or others on the Quilting Board.
This is the message I get. Even with ophotos I have posted in the past 3 months.

TypeError: Cannot access offset of type string on string in ..../vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_vb.php on line 1798

I have been working on my Christmas quilt and have Part 1- 80 four patches finished.

Part 2 tomorrow. Yeah!!!
Sorry, I haven't seen that message!! I was able to post in the Myster Quilt thread.

Today, I made up 1/4 of the units for Bonnie's Mystery today and I started working on my niece's t-shirt quilt. This is my first t-shirt quilt. I'm awaiting some input from her...so that is stalled for now taking up my design wall! I'll probably do some organizing of fabric for the mystery tomorrow and cut some simple strips for a charity quilt.
Old 11-25-2022, 06:33 PM

It looks like QB is getting a lot of bugs lately. I reported one the other day and the archive pages aren't working, either. That is similar to an error message I got on one of the links on the home page. I was able to post an image Wednesday morning, but haven't tried since.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 11-26-2022, 04:57 AM

I did finish the quilting on the big quilt, didn't get far with loading the next one. I did finish one small name banner, just need to topstitch and quilt the next name banner and am stilll embroidering letters for a third name banner. ( I started making these years ago for kids at church and periodically the requests pop up. No wonder people ask for them, it has been a while since I made one and I'd forgotten how cute they are!)
Old 11-26-2022, 05:40 AM

Got no sewing in on Thanksgiving or yesterday but this morning I got the last 5 blocks sewn up! Today I hope to finish getting them all sewn together!