Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
questions on embroidery machines >

questions on embroidery machines

questions on embroidery machines

Old 12-09-2022, 04:41 PM

IS the shop you got it from nearby? I think I would try calling them. Does it stitch ok when not embroidering?
Old 12-09-2022, 11:23 PM

I purchased online. And no, I did not tried to sew yet just embroidering.
Old 12-09-2022, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Delfinaandrina View Post
Please help!!!
I just got Bernette B79. I tried my first embroidery and everything went fine. then started another and it went absolutely wrong. the lower thread came on the surface and the upper thread was on the back of the fabric. Then machine went crazy, I could stop it only turning it off. My embroidery stuck as the main thread were in the needle plate. I cleaned bobbin compartment, changed needle, was trying different tensions for the upper thread, but unsuccessful. Please help me to solve this problem.
When my machine (which is a Viking/Husqvarna Sewing/embroidery machine) did what yours did, I had put the bobbin in upside down.
Old 12-10-2022, 12:10 AM

In looking for an embroidery machine figure out what do you want to make? Check out a lot of the embroidery websites and check out the sizes of the pattern you like. I know there are programs out there that will divide a design into sections but you may just want to get a machine with a larger hoop. My friend has the Brother 770 which the largest hoop is 5x7 and she loves it. She wanted the stand alone embroidery machine. I have the Viking Topaz 20 which the largest hoop is 200mm x 260 mm, roughly 8 x 11. My machine will use the magnetic hoops - which are nice for fabric you don't want to hoop. I use a lot of Accuquilt applique designs that need an 8 x 8, hoop. My friend uses my machine when she need something larger. My machine is a sewing/embroidery machine. I take it with me to my friend's home in AZ. I have used it to sew and embroider. But my main sewing machine at home is the Janome MC6600P. it"s now 10 years old and the man that services it said it should last another 10 at least. Hopefully you live where there are dealers you can go test drive a few machines before making a decision. I highly recommend taking lessons on the machine you buy. There are so many details to learn and the classes are do beneficial.
Old 12-10-2022, 08:37 AM

It doesn't matter which side you put bobbin in. I checked the bobbin case for scratches - nothing, changed the bobbin. Changer tension on the lower thread nothing.
Old 12-10-2022, 10:17 AM

it matters how the thread comes off the bobbin there is correct way
Old 12-12-2022, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Delfinaandrina View Post
It doesn't matter which side you put bobbin in. I checked the bobbin case for scratches - nothing, changed the bobbin. Changer tension on the lower thread nothing.
When you put the bobbin in, and pull on the thread, does the bobbin rotate clockwise or counterclockwise? Check your manual to see what way it is supposed to rotate. It really does make a difference. Mine will not sew and knots up if the bobbin is rotating the wrong way. I would take the manual, remove all the threading, and follow the manual step by step to rethread it. I also would just try doing some sewing first. As you have changed the tension settings, you may need to readjust them. Look for some you tubes on how to adjust tension on your machine. Bernette.com also has tutorials that are very helpful

Last edited by sewingpup; 12-12-2022 at 07:16 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 12-12-2022, 11:58 AM

I set up machine for sewing and it is sewing perfectly. So it's something to do with bobin case, I think. Ilook for the scratches on it but could not see anything. I do not have a clue what else could be.
Old 12-12-2022, 04:00 PM

Is it a different bobbin case for the embroidery? What thread and bobbin thread are you using? What kind of needle? There were some videos out there on how to set up your Bernina 79 for embroidery. There is a learning curve for a new machine and embroidery. Do you have any friends nearby that do embroidery? I don't have a bernette but I do have a Bernina.

Old 12-13-2022, 10:23 AM

Yes there is a different bobbin case for embroidery. When I started at first to embroider I set up the machine as required and it was embroidering perfect. But when I started the next embroidery it start messing up. So maby it damaged the bobbin case. I do not have anyone who does embroidery that I could ask for advice.