Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are your 2023 quilting goals >

What are your 2023 quilting goals

What are your 2023 quilting goals

Old 12-31-2022, 07:21 AM

One of my goals is to donate fabric I know I’ll never use. I have several groupings of kids/baby fabrics, happy to send to anyone who wants them.
Old 01-01-2023, 01:46 PM

To Finish more UFO's. I have identified 20 with some sort of start to near finishes. Of the 20, 4 only need binding. And, the binding is cut for 2 of them. I don't count swap blocks that haven't been put into any settings. I don't count any kits that are kitted or sealed. (Nothing has been done with them. And 2 of them are long term projects. (One with embroidery and the other is a string Quilt.) And, 2 of them are my mothers. I am trying to incorporate them into other projects.

I'd also like to make some Mini's to decorate my sewing room. I have 4 UFO mini's I can start with.

The last few years have found me making lots of doll clothes and dollhouse bedding. While fun, it has required all my attention. I'm not comfortable in sewing clothes yet. So It requires me to really be in the moment.

I look forward to bringing my quilting to the forefront for awhile. (hm, do the 3 pair of doll bloomers on my sewing table count as a UFO. (No, Nope, not going there.) Otherwise, all my long term Embroidery projects will count. I just can't go there yet. lol I am finishing those one thing at a time. They will eventually get used in a long term quilt project. Only the demo block is made on that while I complete embroideries.
Old 01-01-2023, 03:33 PM

Old 01-02-2023, 02:55 AM

I’m adding to my goals; decorating my new house with quilts. The dining table needs a table runner.
Old 01-02-2023, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
I’m adding to my goals; decorating my new house with quilts. The dining table needs a table runner.
That is a wonderful plan! How are you enjoying Florida so far. I live mid state Florida just outside of Tampa. I'm a transplant from New York 48 years ago. I've lived most of my life here in Florida. To me, moving anywhere else would feel like moving away from home. I have no personal reference on the difference of California to Florida. I hope you are finding your niche and are enjoying life.
Old 01-02-2023, 07:45 AM

Since I don’t make casual trips to Tampa, I think it’s far away. I’m getting comfortable with Florida.
Old 01-02-2023, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
Since I don’t make casual trips to Tampa, I think it’s far away. I’m getting comfortable with Florida.
It can be. My daughter lives 2 hours south of us and feels like forever when I drive down to her. It is nicer there. Quieter, cleaner, more natural. When we RV in Orlando at Fort Wilderness every so often, it just feels like a nice drive if the traffic is cooperative. My hubby's main dispatch is in Sarasota and it sometimes feels like a forever drive. Shopping in Ellington used to be fun. A drive for sure, but not bad. Plant City, piece of cake. Lakeland Hobby Lobby and Fabric Warehouse not bad on the turnpike. Daytona Beach, forever. But, we were young then. Couldn't wait to get to the beach. Venice Beach, for sure a drive. But, took the kids and their friends often one summer. I guess it just depends. I stay out of Tampa most times now. Too loud, too busy, streets can be too narrow, too dirtly. I like to be home. And rarely venture too far these days.
Old 01-02-2023, 11:55 AM

If we all limit our buying what happens to our quilt shops, they go out of business.
Old 01-02-2023, 01:33 PM

Work on the project kits that have been on the chalkboard list for a few years.

Continue to improve quilting skills with my new-to-me long arm.

Set aside time to work on machine embroidery projects.

sandy.

Old 01-03-2023, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by newbee3 View Post
If we all limit our buying what happens to our quilt shops, they go out of business.
Like all small businesses, LQSs are heavily reliant on their customers' purchases, and it's lovely to support them instead of the big box or chain stores when we can, which I do. However, and I can only speak for myself, while I'm trying not to buy new fabric for my stash there, I still need to go and support my LQS fairly often to get batting and thread and rulers and spray baste and thimbles and backing fabric and... :-D

And when I've used some of the fabric I've already got, I shall go back to buying fabric again.