Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Most likely getting a Kenmore Machine - Reviews? >

Most likely getting a Kenmore Machine - Reviews?

Most likely getting a Kenmore Machine - Reviews?

Old 03-09-2010, 08:39 AM

I own the top of the line Kenmore sewing machine that Sears sells.... it has been in to be repaired 5 times in the year that I have owned it, and has been replaced twice--within their 90 day customer satisfaction guarantee. I FORTUNATELY bought the 5 year warranty that fixes or replaces the machine at no cost to me..... If you sew very often, YOU WILL NEED THIS WARRANTY!!! The bobbin case wears out every three months on mine, because it is a cheap plastic part. I have been soooooo thankful for my warranty, because otherwise, I would have been without my machine!!!
Old 03-09-2010, 08:44 AM

make sure you get the 5 year warranty because my top of the line kenmore machine has been in the shop to be fixed 5 times in the year that i have owned it, and replaced twice-- under the 90 day satisfaction guarantee. If you sew very often, the cheap plastic bobbin case wears out. that has been my problem EVERY time!!!! The warranty has been my life saver.... otherwise it is a 135$$ repair every 3 months
Old 03-09-2010, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by MagicT1
I own the top of the line Kenmore sewing machine that Sears sells.... it has been in to be repaired 5 times in the year that I have owned it, and has been replaced twice--within their 90 day customer satisfaction guarantee. I FORTUNATELY bought the 5 year warranty that fixes or replaces the machine at no cost to me..... If you sew very often, YOU WILL NEED THIS WARRANTY!!! The bobbin case wears out every three months on mine, because it is a cheap plastic part. I have been soooooo thankful for my warranty, because otherwise, I would have been without my machine!!!
Kinda sounds like you got a lemon. Too bad you can't get your money back.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:25 AM

you are correct, Bernina makes Bernina, except for the low end Bernina machines. They are made for [not by] Bernina.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:27 AM

I have 2 brother emboidery machines, first one had a 4x4 frame and I wanted bigger....the PS8500 had 5x7 and I could even go larger but have enough machines for now. Go big the first time around.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:28 AM

I received a Kenmore in 1972 when I graduated from high school. It still runs great today. My grand mother has it (replaced her treadle machine, which she still has). I have been through 2 since I gave it to her, some day I hope to get it back. It is a basic mechanical, but will last forever.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:30 AM

I have had my kenmore for quite a few years now, it has 150 stitches plus and I really like it. My sewing dd an dil both use mine to work on their quilts when they are here. It cost quite a bit (for me) when I bought it and my husband complained some. I told him it was my money and I could do with it what I wanted. I went on line and bought several more feet for my machine.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:04 AM

I have a Kenmore and just love it. Works great and I have already made numerous quilts on it. If it starts making funny noises just clean out around the bobbin and will be good as gold again.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:47 AM

I have had 2 Kenmores. One I got 32 years ago and I love it! Very heavy duty and made my White. My second on I got 3 years ago. Made by Janome, good for quilting but not very heavy duty. I still use my old machine for almost everything.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:53 AM

Wish they made machines like they used to and not with the plastic parts they use now. I paid almost 600$ for the machine, plus the cost of the warranty. I have 4 more years left on the warranty, so won't have to pay anything to have it fixed. Not sure what i will do after that.