Fabric Moratorium 2023

Old 01-13-2023, 07:59 PM

Retiredteacher 09 -- I'm drooling, lol. Nice fabric! The trick is getting it into the projects or at least kitting it into "to do" components so it doesn't languish. Have you made plans for it, yet?

Gemm -- Reading is always a great way for me to procrastinate. Good thing there aren't too many new things going on in the QB that I haven't already read about. I have to stay away from the rabbit hole known as pininterest or I won't get anything done at all. Instead, I read the news to catch up on what's going on outside of the USA. I want to stay awake tonight to catch a glimpse of the green comet that will be blasting across the northeast sky for a few weeks but that means staying up for another hour and a half. I can't stare at the computer screen that long after working on it all day. I'm not going to make it, lol. I don't have the energy to quilt either. Such a shame. Sleep eats up so much prime time.

Last edited by ibex94; 01-13-2023 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-14-2023, 05:10 PM

Gemm: I almost drooled when I saw the butterflies. Lol! 2 different color ways also.

ibex94: I do have ideas already. 😉. I have started to sort/iron some squares that were in the bag. I smiled because there are quite a number of paisley 5” squares with different paisleys and backgrounds. Such fun patterns. Then some squares were slightly less than 4” so I’m cutting them down to 3.5”. I am sorting by color/pattern as I go. The yardages will go to my church quilting group because we have some members that prefer bigger pieces. The fat quarters will be added to my stash of them. The butterflies, flamingoes, and pink fabric with black dogs will need some thought.

Old 01-14-2023, 07:48 PM

I have been doing OK, not buying any fabric....but, then again, I haven't been shopping much at all. I have put some flannel into kits for rag quilts for babies and have finished one today and have another cut out. My thinking is that if I use up some of the fabric I have, there will be room for more! The real test will come in 2 weeks when we go south for a long weekend trip. I will probably have a moment of weakness and stop into the LQS to do some damage. I will repeat the mantra: Must remain strong!
Old 01-15-2023, 08:27 AM

I am so excited about an upcoming fabric shopping need. I am in the Birthday Candy Swap and after tracking down my fabrics for this upcoming year's swap I have discovered that I do not have a full 50 different fabrics that have not been used in the swap yet! This week I get to go fabric shopping for about 15 new fabrics. Yay!!! I will probably hit an online shop for a FQ or F8 bundle so I won't increase my total fabric load too much. Bear Creek fabrics always has fun bundles. I checked the Fat Quarter shop already but am not impressed with their prices right now.

Who do you all go to if you need fat quarters?

Old 01-15-2023, 10:11 AM

ibex94, For FQs I usually just head to my LQS, when I shop online its either Connecting Threads or Thousands of Bolts.
Old 01-15-2023, 10:18 AM

Thank you, Sync!!
Old 01-15-2023, 12:07 PM

You know I have been subscribed to the quilting board for a bunch of years and nver have I ever clicked on this "fabric moaritorium".
Let's just say it never sounded interesting to be but just, now to,day, I clicked on it and started reading and wow, just wow, and now I can say "I AM IN" Maybe this is the place I need to be and try to get my STASH under control. I am going to go headfirst into all this mess and follow some of the posts i read today. Thanks everyone and I am hoping for a new dawning for omy quilting.
Patsy
Old 01-15-2023, 12:22 PM

Patsy,I was on this thread a long time ago but fell off the wagon an no matter how fast I ran just couldn't get back on. So just waited for thle next wagon, waited for one that had room for me, and now enjoying the ride with lots of encouragements from fellow quilters.

I have to admit I love looking at the fabric I see from my email BUT since none of the fabric would work for cowboy boots, I'm not tempted to buy.
Old 01-15-2023, 04:47 PM

Patsy. Welcome. Encouragements to follow through in you goal. No police. Encourage.
Old 01-16-2023, 04:47 PM

I stand before you all on the side of the wagon. I bought charm packs on sale, a jelly roll on sale, and a fq bundle on sale. The bundle was what I needed. Everything else, I decided I needed. I am hoisting myself back up on the wagon. Let's see if I can avoid retail therapy for the rest of the month. To all of you who haven't fallen off the wagon, I admire your dedication and determination!!