Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery isdues >

Embroidery isdues

Embroidery isdues

Old 02-04-2023, 11:01 AM

Default Embroidery isdues

I have a 440 we with embroidery attachment. I purchased embroidery patterns on lone and downloaded
Them I unzipped with winzi and put in folder. Nowiam I able to insert pattern in my computer or on machine Tile I need to update. Update what.
Old 02-04-2023, 02:52 PM

Not totally clear re your question. You unzipped your downloaded design/ designs! Of course you did that in your computer. You placed the design/designs in a folder? You got a message to 'update'? A software program, your computer? Firstly and most important..is your design in the correct format for your machine? If not, there are free "converter" programs that allow you to reformat for your machine. Secondly, you must remove the design from the folder to use in the machine. How are you transferring from computer? directly or via card, flash drive, cd, floppy drive? This is as far as I can advise w/o more information. When you get it figured out, you will enjoy the process…actually become addicted! Good luck.i
Old 02-04-2023, 03:43 PM

Not sure what needs updating.

I would cancel out of everything. Check the software to make sue you are using the latest version. Then go back to the designs. Transfer the design with your normal method. Good luck.
Old 02-04-2023, 05:45 PM

are you talking about a Bernina 440? Or some other brand of machine. Unfortunately, The Bernina 440 is an older machine and the software for the embroidery part is also outdated. I don't know if you can find someone that might be able to help. For embroidery machines, they run with software that is always getting updated and eventualy, old stuff doesn't work on the newer stuff. I had a 440 but never had an embroidery arm for it as I had a Viking that did. This Viking ran the embroidery off of a Floppy disk! Oh, MY!
Old 02-05-2023, 08:51 AM

Default Embroidery issues

More information for you about my problem.I have a bernina 440 we. The software on my computer is art design v1 I open the software and have the hoop open and click insert design. Then I get design from computer and can edit design when I am ready I click “send to machine: (which I have cable from computer to machine) and when all goes well the machine will sew the desig. Wh
ELL when I try to put design on computer software I am told the format is wrong. And I need to update. I am not going to purchase new software as it is very expensive. Please excuse all typos
Old 02-05-2023, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Friedamom View Post
More information for you about my problem.I have a bernina 440 we. The software on my computer is art design v1 I open the software and have the hoop open and click insert design. Then I get design from computer and can edit design when I am ready I click “send to machine: (which I have cable from computer to machine) and when all goes well the machine will sew the desig. Wh
ELL when I try to put design on computer software I am told the format is wrong. And I need to update. I am not going to purchase new software as it is very expensive. Please excuse all typos
Also the computer,the sewing machine, the software and myself are all very old.
Old 02-05-2023, 11:33 AM

Aurora 440QE .EXP, .DST, .PES, .PEC, .JEF, .SEW, .PCS, .XXX Embroidery module with BERNINA Art Design software computer cable transfer. This is from a list of embroidery files the Aurora will read. I am wondering what the file extension is on your file you are trying to use. It is strange though this info I copied as I think back then the preferred file extension for Bernina was. ART I actually am not anywhere an expert, and I never used my Bernina 440 for embroidery, but I am thinking you need to use designs formats with some of these older file extensions. I know I cannot use some of my older embroidery designs in my newer embroidery machines. I suspect the older software cannot reformate newer files to the old extensions on the older machines.
Old 02-05-2023, 11:34 AM

When you bring the design from your computer, is it in the correct format for your machine?

Is there a setting within the software program where you tell it the machine format? It may be something called "preferences".

Next question, Do you need to bring the embroidery file into the software?

I send or copy/paste the embroidery design file (pes format) to the USB stick. Then remove the USB from computer and insert into EMB machine. I seldom edit designs or use software for my projects.

Does your machine use USB sticks?
Old 02-05-2023, 11:38 AM

Another thought. Have you tried downloading the free ARTLink 9 from the Bernina website? I don't know if it will work for the 440 but it is free.
Old 02-05-2023, 12:15 PM

Default Embroidery issues

Originally Posted by sewingpup View Post
are you talking about a Bernina 440? Or some other brand of machine. Unfortunately, The Bernina 440 is an older machine and the software for the embroidery part is also outdated. I don't know if you can find someone that might be able to help. For embroidery machines, they run with software that is always getting updated and eventualy, old stuff doesn't work on the newer stuff. I had a 440 but never had an embroidery arm for it as I had a Viking that did. This Viking ran the embroidery off of a Floppy disk! Oh, MY!
I am wondering if Winnipeg’s did no properly unzip I am not too good with the winzip stuff