Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Am I getting my Sew-Jo Back? >

Am I getting my Sew-Jo Back?

Am I getting my Sew-Jo Back?

Old 03-04-2023, 06:54 AM

Excellent, you go girl! and although it's hard to tell today, spring is around the corner and then everything will become brighter
Old 03-04-2023, 07:50 AM

Glad to hear it Watson. It may come and go for a while as you work your way through all this. In the meantime, here's more virtual hugs (((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))

Rob
Old 03-04-2023, 08:58 AM
Power Poster

That's great to hear, Watson.
About 10 years ago and I had really bad depression (clinical) and didn't sew for 2 years! Looking back it's hard to believe but I felt so lousy that sewing was the last things on my mind. When it came back I knew I was on the mend.
HUGS to you.
Old 03-04-2023, 09:46 AM

Yay!!! So happy to hear it!

My friend Cindi lives 2 time zones away from me. We text a LOT. I have a tendency to browse quilting blogs, Pinterest, IG, and shops in the evenings while watching tv with my husband. I'll screencap pictures of quilts, techniques, show winners, etc and send them to her. She recently told me she loves it when I do this because it motivates her and pulls her into her quilting mojo. That made me feel pretty good. 🥰

I'm not sure how far away from your previous life you've moved. Maybe there's a new-to-you guild you can join? Make some new friends, take a class, go on a retreat.
Old 03-04-2023, 12:08 PM

I'm very happy for you!! Baby steps . . . .
Old 03-04-2023, 01:24 PM

Sounds like your mo-jo has started to wink at you. Pretty soon you will be browsing yur books/patterns, finding that "just right fabric", and sewing up a storm. I tihink Pintrest is the best idea for quilters since the rotary cutter. All those ideas just waiting to pin for later. Have fun.
Old 03-04-2023, 02:26 PM
Power Poster

Glad your sew-Jo is coming back. If you have a fair or competition coming up this year, that may give you an incentive also for working on a new project.
Old 03-04-2023, 03:59 PM

Watson, you've been through a trauma and rightly needed to focus all your energy on healing. Your new block is evidence that you are making progress in your healing journey. It may be slow but it will be steady. So glad that you have a reminder that your life will be full of things that bring you pleasure as you move forward. ((Hugs))
Old 03-05-2023, 04:22 AM
Power Poster

Glad to know. It is a normal thing in a time of abnormal. One step at a time!!!!
Old 03-05-2023, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Yay!!! So happy to hear it!

My friend Cindi lives 2 time zones away from me. We text a LOT. I have a tendency to browse quilting blogs, Pinterest, IG, and shops in the evenings while watching tv with my husband. I'll screencap pictures of quilts, techniques, show winners, etc and send them to her. She recently told me she loves it when I do this because it motivates her and pulls her into her quilting mojo. That made me feel pretty good. 🥰

I'm not sure how far away from your previous life you've moved. Maybe there's a new-to-you guild you can join? Make some new friends, take a class, go on a retreat.
Watson, so glad it’s coming back, it takes time but it will come. And if you’ve got a quilting friend, have her do exactly what Peggi did. She helped me through two no-mo-sew-jo moments, and without her texting me nearly every.single.day with at least one quilt picture a day I’d have never made it through those hard times of wondering if I’d ever go to my sewing room again. We are total opposites in nearly everything, especially quilting. But she’d send quilt pics of things I liked and always asked what fabric I’d use for the pattern, what type of quilting I’d do, or point out that I had a specific fabric that would be perfect for it. Or pics of quilts she was making, asking for advice (even though I’m sure she didn’t need it!). She got me thinking about quilting, saving pics, running down to my sewing room to look at “that” fabric. Even looking forward to those texts each morning. Every.single.day until my sew-jo came back again. She was my sewing savior, for sure, and it meant so much.