Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 17-19, 2023 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 17-19, 2023

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 17-19, 2023

Old 03-17-2023, 06:58 AM

I'm planning to stitch blocks together for a new kaleidoscope quilt. I usually fussy-cut, but this time I "stacked and whacked" from strips without paying attention to repeated pattern. I made it into my first kit, ready to go anywhere because of all the pinning. Stayed packed for quite a while, but its time is now. Designing on wall today. I'll shoot a pic when done.
Old 03-17-2023, 09:57 AM

Yay! Thanks for hosting, Heather.

I’ll be working on adding more fillers to the fmq challenge panel from Quilting is My Therapy. I also have two quilts sandwiched and ready to go, but need to decide how I want to quilt them, so will spend some time drawing potential designs.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else is working on.

Rob
Old 03-17-2023, 10:18 AM

I will be putting the binding on my "contest" quilt. Finally got it finished and squared up. It uses all the quilting techniques. Hand quilting machine quilting, machine embroidery beading, and hand applique. Looked it over yesterday and could find no booboos. So on to the binding and sleeve.
Old 03-17-2023, 01:24 PM

Yea! I was able to get to the sewing machine this afternoon. I was able to get the chores done at Moms then get home by 2pm so I had a about and hour and half to fill with making crumb blocks and chain piecing my HST's. Now its time to start the pressure cooker and get the corned beef in, Happy St. Patty's day.
Old 03-17-2023, 02:19 PM

Well, I chnged my mind from what I thought I'd be doing. Intsead, I completely finished a table runner and tossed it into the wash. Just finished pulling fab for 2nd table runner. Organizing fab can wait untill tomorrow...right?
Old 03-17-2023, 04:21 PM

Well, I hope everyone has had a good day. I had a productive afternoon, got a couple projects all ready for retreat next week. I hope to finish the rest tomorrow. Then Sunday I can clean up the room because it desparately needs it now!
Old 03-18-2023, 01:44 AM

Good morning everyone, Happy National Quilting Day.🥰I hope everyone enjoys their day in their sewing spaces. I had to work yesterday, but today I will be working on a rope bowl that someone has ordered from me. Coffee is ready, so will check back later to see what everyone is working on.
Old 03-18-2023, 03:17 AM

I'm still longarm my first client quilt. But I also want to book some time for myself this weekend for some simple sewing. I think I want to make a few heart blocks as cornerstones for a panel. Nothing super big . Hey y'all! Post picture when you can. Love seeing everyone's work.
Old 03-18-2023, 03:27 AM

Good morning everyone. Happy National Quilting Day. I hope to get plenty of sewing time in between caretaking duties. I hope to have enough done to post pics later
Old 03-18-2023, 05:22 AM

WMWTeach, could you tell me a little about your "Crumb Block" sashing? I think I know what you are saying, but could you share a little about it - maybe a picture.