Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Incorrect angled rulers >

Incorrect angled rulers

Incorrect angled rulers

Old 03-17-2023, 05:11 AM

Ginger, I thought you might link to the tutorial you did for the "Floating Star" quilt block you used with the tri-recs rulers. Floating Star Block using Tri-Recs ruler
I did find a package that looks like it only came with the TRI TOOL but if you look at the packaging it does say that it comes with two acrylic tools. The Amazon packaging shows both of the 'tools.'
There is a page that shows how to make tri-recs without the tools.
And then there is a page that shows how to make half hexies using the TRI TOOL.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 03-17-2023, 05:22 AM

Hi Janey. I have actually made tri-recs without the special rulers. I was so frustrated with the waste of fabric, that buying the rulers proved to be more cost effective. But I never thought of using the ruler for half (or whole if you fold the fabric) hexies. I have another ruler for that!
Old 03-17-2023, 03:26 PM
Gay

Many thanks ladies for your input. Have just checked my ruler collection and yes, I found another one marked Rec Tool. (Pity though both pieces were not marked Tri Rec tool 1 & 2, at least one would then expect two pieces). I'll just have to put down my stupidity to getting older, dementia or senility. At least I won't have to embarrass myself at the lqs. Now will have to tie or pack them together so I don't get confused again.
Old 03-18-2023, 05:43 AM

There's also nothing worse than having your cutting mat with incorrect markings. I bought this 4x8 mat to fit my cutting table only to realize later that as you move along the markings to the other end, that it's no longer correct so I've gotten use to using either my rulers or tape measure to check the size before I cut. I have markings on both sides but I haven't checked to see if it's incorrect on the opposite side too. The company I ordered it from is no longer in business. I wonder why????
Old 03-18-2023, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by bj View Post
My issue I’ve run into is my favorite ruler is also my oldest ruler. I noticed the other day it’s developed a very slight curve on one side (from the rotary cutter, I’m sure). And I can’t find another one like it. It’s a bummer. I’ve used it for 20 yrs. I have retired it, though (0:
Mine, too. Unfortunately the ruler I love is no longer being made. It is a Fingerguard ruler made 20 or so years ago by a woman in Maine. Wish I could find more of them...
Old 03-18-2023, 06:28 AM

I have used zip lock bags for some rulers. But now have most of my rulers hanging on a wall!
Oh Anita, i had a long cutting ruler with a guard on the edge. Still cut my thumb badly though. My bad!