Fabric Moratorium 2023

Old 04-04-2023, 06:24 AM

Welcome back, Vasilisa!

Rob
Old 04-05-2023, 04:00 AM

Reported as spam.
Old 04-05-2023, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by JerryMek View Post
..spam that OurWorkbench deleted when quoted..
Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Reported as spam.
When the spam gets reported without any ID, such as user name, when it gets deleted, it looks like the previous (by rryder in this case) legit post was the spammer.
Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 04-05-2023, 11:00 AM

Hi everyone - sorry for being so quiet on the thread lately - life has been busy and while I have lurked now and then when I've had a chance, I just want to say again what a great place this is. Ideas and encouragement everywhere you look!

So here's a throwback to a few months ago when I was asking advice on neutral backgrounds (post #64). I am proud to present my completed quilt top/flimsy. It's nothing at all like I had first imagined/planned, but I'm quite pleased with it and am especially chuffed to be able to say it's 100% from stash (with a couple of extra neutral fabric pieces from a friend's stash thrown in). It finished at about 48.5" x 64" which has led me to wanting to shop widebacks since I generally avoid piecing my backing, but I know I must have something that would work in my stash so I'm trying to stay strong. :-) The original "focus fabric" will most likely be used for the binding.

What has completely stunned me is that my stash doesn't seem to have shrunk all that much... it feels like I've been cutting through tons of fabric for this quilt. I guess I'd better go find another project to start!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8273.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	643347  
Old 04-05-2023, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
The quilting on them is lovely, too! Your pictures would make a great advertisement for longarm dreamers to persuade potential purchasers to get one!
I am one of the longarm dreamers and wish I had the room for one. I actually just saw someone selling their longarm frame (no machine) on craigslist just before coming over to checkout the latest threads on the forum.
Old 04-05-2023, 04:53 PM

Default Reporting Spam

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
When the spam gets reported without any ID, such as user name, when it gets deleted, it looks like the previous (by rryder in this case) legit post was the spammer.
Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
I reported a spam posting in this thread this morning that was not a quilting topic and was advertising for a business. Using the little triangle sign on the lower left, I give the details of the inappropriate message, spam, to the administrator. I posted the "Spam Reported" message just so if there is a passage of time between my reporting and someone else seeing the same "spam" message, it will be known by our members that a report was made.

Old 04-06-2023, 08:02 AM

Gemm- Nice flimsy! I know what you mean about cutting tons of fabric and feeling like it hasn't made a dent in stash LOL.

Rob
Old 04-06-2023, 04:28 PM

WMUTeach: Thanks for catching the spam and explaining how to report it. I appreciate seeing messages that say it has been reported.

Old 04-08-2023, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Erin - Congrats on the upcoming grandbaby!! And double congrats on keeping your purchases down! Do you have good colors in your stash for the baby quilt? Time for sewing is always a problem for me, too.
Thanks! I think the problem is more the case of I have way too many ideas to pare down to one. I have been collecting baby fabric for awhile now so which ones to choose seems to be the problem. Maybe I just need to do several.
I love seeing everybody's beautiful quilts. Thanks for sharing! I did make a fabric purchase. Had to purchase additional fabric for the quilt I'm currently working on. But I also bought another fabric. All things considered I am doing better every year.
Old 04-18-2023, 05:43 AM

Just finished these two, and ready to send off. The panels were purchased last summer as part of a series of quilts for the children of nieces and nephews. Part way through, I ran out of fabric for one of the quilts, so I had to purchase more. In order to get the free shipping option, I purchased an additional two yards of fabric, with 1 1/2 yards making it way into the other quilt. So while I did end up adding a couple of yards to my stash, there was a net reduction on these two, so it's all good.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PS Quilt 2.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	643616   Click image for larger version

Name:	LS Quilt 2.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	643617