Puff quilt >

Puff quilt

Puff quilt

Old 03-09-2010, 06:01 AM

Hi dbarbey
Is this puff quilt hard to make? Any chance of a tutorial
one this? Any info appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-09-2010, 06:54 AM

that's really pretty! I've never heard of a puff quilt before! Cool!
Old 03-09-2010, 07:00 AM

Love your quilt. Here's my version which is VERY, VERY easy. It doesn't "puff" as much, but gives the same effect.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-35467-1.htm
Old 03-09-2010, 12:34 PM

I love the looks of it!! I would love to have the pattern & directions. Haven't seen one before. I'm new here.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:42 PM

Love it, but so right about not wanting to do that much work again! The one I made is in my Avatar. Love your colors!
Old 03-09-2010, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by dbarbey
I used the scraps from the bug quilt I made for this puff quilt. I will say I liked the looks of it but will never tackle the job of making another one. LOL
This is beautiful! I've never tackled one of these but have made 2 biscuit quilts and will probably tackle another one as it has turned out to be my oldest granddaughter's favorite throw and the biscuit throw is mine. The biscuit quilt is a huge queen throw so she has no need for that yet but it needs to have some of the biscuits stitched together and I may suggest she use it during her next visit and may just wait and show her how to do the mending and see if she would like to have it. I love your puff quilt but don't know if I'd have the patience to do it. I only tolerated the biscuit quilt because I'm a scrap quilter and every time I worked with a fabric, I'd also cut out a biscuit and accumulated them in a laundry basket until there were enough to put together. The putting together was honestly the worst part as I had to do them by hand. I assume you had to put your puffs together by hand as well.
Patty
Old 03-09-2010, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by grammypatty7
Originally Posted by dbarbey
I used the scraps from the bug quilt I made for this puff quilt. I will say I liked the looks of it but will never tackle the job of making another one. LOL
This is beautiful! I've never tackled one of these but have made 2 biscuit quilts and will probably tackle another one as it has turned out to be my oldest granddaughter's favorite throw and the biscuit throw is mine. The biscuit quilt is a huge queen throw so she has no need for that yet but it needs to have some of the biscuits stitched together and I may suggest she use it during her next visit and may just wait and show her how to do the mending and see if she would like to have it. I love your puff quilt but don't know if I'd have the patience to do it. I only tolerated the biscuit quilt because I'm a scrap quilter and every time I worked with a fabric, I'd also cut out a biscuit and accumulated them in a laundry basket until there were enough to put together. The putting together was honestly the worst part as I had to do them by hand. I assume you had to put your puffs together by hand as well.
Patty
Do you have a link for biscuit quilt? and maybe a pic? I thought they were the same, what is the difference?
Thanks a bunch!
Old 03-09-2010, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
that's the nicest puff quilt i've ever seen! :thumbup:
Ditto! And it's also the ONLY puff quilt I've ever seen.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:32 PM

I know what you mean. I started one 3 years ago and it is still in pieces. I only have 13 rows sewn together. I think I got burned out making the puffs but my goal is to finish it but I'm not sure just what year. :oops: :oops:
Old 03-09-2010, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by kkgliss
I know what you mean. I started one 3 years ago and it is still in pieces. I only have 13 rows sewn together. I think I got burned out making the puffs but my goal is to finish it but I'm not sure just what year. :oops: :oops:
That's why I only did a child's one, figured I would never get finished if it was too big. Though I admit the full size one in the book I had was tempting.