decal color 66's compared

Old 04-16-2023, 10:40 AM
DLR

Default decal color 66's compared

I have two 66's I'm currently restoring. One of them was so dirty that you could barely see the decals. After tons of work, you can see the decals, but also see that they are not red and gold, but red and ORANGE. Also the badge is more of a copper color. Any thoughts on this?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	compare 66 (2).jpg
Views:	65
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	643548  
Old 04-16-2023, 12:55 PM

I will be curious to see what the answer to this color change is. Could it have been caused by some chemicals you put on the machines to clean them up? There are experts here who will know.
Old 04-16-2023, 03:45 PM

I don't know why it looks that way, but I know what I would try. On the badge sewing machine oil and a brass bristle brush or rough scrubby pad, working very carefully around the edges so as not to scratch the machine itself. On the machine I would try original formula GoJo hand cleaner from an auto parts store, which will make the machine look dry, so I follow that with a couple of coats of sewing machine oil; I use a tee shirt type material for application and removal, and I test on the back of the pillar, because I don't look at that part a lot.