Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Vintage Treasures Block of the Month >

Vintage Treasures Block of the Month

Vintage Treasures Block of the Month

Old 01-11-2023, 12:22 PM
Don

Default Vintage Treasures Block of the Month

Hello, everyone!

A very dear friend of mine passed away recently and I received all of her quilting “stash”. In that “stash” were quilt blocks and a couple of the Vintage Treasures block-of-the- month instructions (Months 7 & 11) along with quite a bit of fabric that goes with the quilt. My wife and I (we quilt together) would like to finish this for her family. I’m hoping someone on this board might be able to help us find either a master set of directions or the individual block patterns. I know this is a long shot, but thought I would give it a try. Thank you all!

(PS…our friend that passed set my wife and I up on a blind date 50 years ago and we’ve been married for 48 years!)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	75D89260-8951-4AC2-931D-6F6A954E76BD.jpeg
Views:	449
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	642289  
Old 01-11-2023, 05:28 PM

What a great thing you want to do.

I hope someone might have the missing instructions. It looks like the completed quilt is on the cover. There are some single months available and the complete set on ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...month&_sacat=0
https://www.ebay.com/itm/12555431591...Bk9SR4rn4Li0YQ

I wonder if you could figure it out if you have the fabric similar to what is on the cover.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 03-03-2023, 09:14 PM
Power Poster

Can you look at it and make the blocks from that? I could for most except the 6 in. upper left. I can not see what they are. The center 12 in. blocks seem to be made from all traditional blocks. What a sweet gesture. I hope you can find the help you need. So sorry to hear about the passing of your sweet friend.
Old 03-04-2023, 05:44 AM

OurWorkbench, the first link does show a number of blocks for sale. In the upper righthand corner it shows the block and name. That information could be used to find the block elsewhere to make, if needed.

Don, we hope you will find all the block information you need to create such a wonderful gift to honor your sweet friend.
Please keep us updated on your progress.
Old 04-17-2023, 11:32 PM

Default don

i looked up about your pattern maybe if you go to jo-ann's they may be able to help you because if you look closely it was sold at jo-ann store or look on amazon but i tried just the pattern andquilt block it's self and it sent me to a different country uk. so i was afraid to go farther in my search but don't give up hope i will help you find it thanks, Sonja
Old 04-17-2023, 11:43 PM

Default don

i found it first i went to pintrust and it sent me to ebay they have it for 10.00 $ type in vintage treasures quilt block kits jo-ann
fabrics & crafts block of the month good luck to you and your wife