Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Greetings from Maryland >

Greetings from Maryland

Greetings from Maryland

Old 04-24-2023, 03:57 PM

Default Greetings from Maryland

Hi, I have been sewing since I was 13 and started quilting in my 20's. Made a lot of quilts and then gave it up for about 15 years just cause life is sometimes like that. My husband recently redid a room in the basement for a beautiful new sewing room and I am getting back into the game. I feel like I am learning a lot of things all over again.
I love art quilts and machine applique and love using batiks.
I look forward to reading what other people are up to and learning from all of you.
Old 04-24-2023, 06:39 PM
Power Poster

Welcome from Ontario, Canada.
Old 04-24-2023, 07:11 PM

Welcome from Minnesota! I've never been to Maryland, and I don't think I know of anyone from there. Are you a life-long resident?
I am sure you will love being in this group. We have lots of variety in likes and abilities. You are bound to learn lots of new stuff and make some friends.

Leslie
Old 04-25-2023, 03:34 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Michigan!
Old 04-25-2023, 04:17 AM

Sending a warm welcome from Delaware! And welcome back to quilting.
Old 04-25-2023, 07:07 AM

[QUOTE=audsgirl;8598637]Welcome from Minnesota! I've never been to Maryland, and I don't think I know of anyone from there. Are you a life-long resident?
I am sure you will love being in this group. We have lots of variety in likes and abilities. You are bound to learn lots of new stuff and make some friends.

Leslie[/QUOTE
Most of my life I have lived in Maryland but was born in Arizona, back to Md, 5 years in Okinawa, MD, Kansas, MD. Maryland has a bit of everything, ocean, mountains, farms. And it's small so you can get to most of those places quickly. I have never been to Minnesota. I would like to take a trip up towards the Great Lakes to see lighthouses.
Old 04-25-2023, 04:46 PM

Was a parent in the military, serene? You bounced around quite a bit. We were in Virginia to visit friends in Williamsburg a few years ago. That's as close as I've gotten to Maryland. I was born in St. Louis, but I grew up in Wisconsin. I've lived in Minnesota for the past 42 years. Yes, I'm old. We have traveled a lot to the West Coast, but not so much out East.
What kind of quilting do you like to do? Do you have a preferred technique? I've done some appliqué, some paper piecing, but mostly regular piecing. I think I am more of a fabric collector than a quilter! Hope you enjoy yourself here.

Leslie
Old 04-26-2023, 05:13 AM

Welcome from a Northern neighbor, Pennsylvania. I am right over the border from Maryland. Lancaster, Pa has many quilt shops if you get up this way.
Old 04-26-2023, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by audsgirl View Post
Was a parent in the military, serene? You bounced around quite a bit. We were in Virginia to visit friends in Williamsburg a few years ago. That's as close as I've gotten to Maryland. I was born in St. Louis, but I grew up in Wisconsin. I've lived in Minnesota for the past 42 years. Yes, I'm old. We have traveled a lot to the West Coast, but not so much out East.
What kind of quilting do you like to do? Do you have a preferred technique? I've done some appliqué, some paper piecing, but mostly regular piecing. I think I am more of a fabric collector than a quilter! Hope you enjoy yourself here.

Leslie
Not a military brat but close. My dad worked for Martin-Marietta on missles for the military. It was good experience as a kid.
As far as quilting, I like mostly piecing and collecting fabric. I think its a truly legitimate form of collection ranking right up there with stamps and coins..(or possibly an addiction) It's just so pretty and makes me happy. .
Old 04-27-2023, 05:43 AM

Welcome to the board from NE Ohio.