Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Secret Pal Swap - Sign-ups close April 30th at midnight >

May Secret Pal Swap - Sign-ups close April 30th at midnight

May Secret Pal Swap - Sign-ups close April 30th at midnight

Old 05-02-2023, 07:40 AM

I feel I need to provide an update. For those that did not know, my mom passed November 18 after a two year battle with invasive breast cancer. The cancer was triple negative and created fungigating tumors. It was tough but my mom was a trooper until the end. She did not feel any pain. My sister and I cared for her until the end. I stayed at my sisters the whole last 6 months. In addition to that, my brother-in-law has late stage Parkinson with dementia. After my mom passed, he has gone down hill quickly. I help 3 days a week over there to give my sister a break.

While I am better mentally, my physical self is still struggling. In Jan 2020 I had a laminectomy and fusion of C2-T1 in my neck. I have a disease called OPLL (Ossification of the Longitudal Ligament) Unfortunately, it has begun to grow in my thoracic spine. It causes numbness in my feet, arms, and hands. I just keep plugging along as I do not want to have another surgery at this time. It is a balancing act to know when, because I do not want to end up with permanent nerve damage.

So that is where I am. I thank Anna for handling the swap while I was dealing with life.

On a good note, I am having Grandson #3 in September (Second son and his wife - first child) and a Granddaughter #1 in October (First son and his wife - 3rd child.) I am so excited to be doubling the number of grandkids this year.
Old 05-02-2023, 08:24 AM
Power Poster

You are welcome Kathy. I enjoyed doing the swap and it reminds me how much work it is. Thankfully all swappers worked together to make it happen. As always Kathy, hugs and prayers. You have gone through so much and are still going through so much. Congratulations on all the new grand babies!
Old 05-02-2023, 08:25 AM
Power Poster

I got my secret pal partner and she has so much in common with me.
Old 05-03-2023, 07:45 AM

My secret pal is creative and we live about as far away as once can be and still live in the continental United States.
Old 05-03-2023, 08:03 AM

Default Yay!

I'm excited to go on the hunt for little items for my secret pal. I've participated the pin cushion swap many times and those are fun too!

Happy sewing all,
Michelle
Old 05-03-2023, 11:44 AM

Kathy, here's a big (((HUG))) for you! You are awesome.

I have ordered my secret pal a few things and have other items already gathered.

Hugs,
Goatmom
Old 05-03-2023, 11:55 AM

I ordered a few things and already had one thing. Little nervous though!
Old 05-04-2023, 08:25 PM
Power Poster

I got a surprise in the mail today from crispyfrog. She ordered me a creative grids 3x7 in. ruler. It was wraped really cute with a note telling it was from her and more was to follow. Very sweet of you. Thank you crispyfrog.
Old 05-05-2023, 08:07 AM

Anna- You are welcome. Tried to get a jump on things. Going out of town next week. Enjoy!

Old 05-05-2023, 01:09 PM

I just received my package today! As soon as I figure out how to post a pic I will. But just wanted to post a thank you here to AnnaQuilts!! I love all of it and she was so generous and sent me some fabric for the baby bereavement quilts I make also.