What do you cover?

Old 05-06-2023, 03:53 AM

I don't cover any thing! I have one tissue box cover that was a gift for serving on a Native American advisory board. It is a work of art made from local birch bark and sinew. Pretty cool, rustic and doesn't go with anything in my home but I enjoy it because of its uniqueness.
Old 05-06-2023, 04:01 AM

Interesting topic! I'll cover non-conventional items as well as my machines. I've made a quilted dining table cover, pantry shelf liners, front-load washer/dryer runner (requested by a friend), and of course, chairs! Here's a few quick pics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	BR chair.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	643897   Click image for larger version

Name:	LR chair.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	643898   Click image for larger version

Name:	puzzle chair.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	643899  
Old 05-06-2023, 04:28 AM

I use a tablecloth on our dining table, none that need ironing though.
have a old sheet section I throw over the ironing board to wash weekly, I use a ton of starch
I cover our toaster because I have a tray with butter/S&P/sugar bowls on it that moves back and forth to the table.
Have a cuddle quilt over the back of a chair for quick grabbing.
Bed always has a quilt cover, changed out each month, double sided so I can flip it during the month.
That quilt always has a bed runner because that way I can see two quilts every time I walk in the room.
The rocker in the bedroom has a quilt over the back, a gift from the yahoogroup dearjanequilters when my sister died.
My small drum table has a quilt over it.
I had a cover put over the big deck so I can enjoy it in various weather
Old 05-06-2023, 05:46 AM
Power Poster

I use a quilt to cover the big area rug in my foyer because the dog doesn't wipe her feet. It's easy to pull the quilt up and stick in basket when the door bell rings. Family and friends always use the side entrance. My dog prefers the grand entrance. LOL
Old 05-06-2023, 06:13 AM

I made a fitted cover for my newly made maple table to keep the cats from scratching it all up, also made covers for my Instant Pot, old 1948 mixer on a stand and Air Fryer (the flat type not round, more like a toaster oven), plus ordered covers for my recliner with pockets on the sides for all the remotes we seem to acquire plus to keep the cat hair at bay. These I can just pop into the washer and clean from time to time. I also threw a sheet over my spare bed as one of my cats likes to sleep on it from time to time and this way, I just remove the sheet when I have company. Also have made a cover for my electric smoker out in the garage.
Old 05-06-2023, 07:13 AM

The only thing with a cover for me is my KitchenAid mixer. That's because I was given one with the mixer, it stays clean in the pantry.
Old 05-06-2023, 07:21 AM

Just found something else covered! I went down to the barn to get my fold-up clothes line out for the season, and it has a Stellar Jay nest started on it. I'll wait a bit and see if it's being worked on or abandoned. much messier than a robin's nest but gorgeous.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	stellar.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	643900  
Old 05-06-2023, 09:05 AM

gosh i used to. Today i was eyeing an old shower stool that I put by the living room window for my 17 yr old cat to get down from the window sill. Thought of making a slip cover to put over it. Not exactly living room decor!
I do, however, have several small quilts made for my cats to use in chairs,etc. Those are a must!

Last edited by Quiltwoman44; 05-06-2023 at 09:08 AM.
Old 05-06-2023, 02:37 PM
Power Poster

I live in the high desert. I cover my sewing machines, embroidery machines, my clothing in my closets, Hubbies dress clothes, my fabrics in bins, my threads in a tower of drawers that gets hit by the sun in the morning, place mats (do those count?), I have made hanging organizers for sewing things like my lightbox, and at christmas small counter covers to accent little collections I put out My stand mixer and anything that just sits and collects dust. For we have tons of sand and pollen that blows around here. I have just gotten into cardmaking and journaling, so I am beginning to organize and cover those supplies. I love the high desert, but it has many drawbacks. Dust being the biggest problem. Lots of storage containers and boxes that are dust proof.
Old 05-06-2023, 05:00 PM

In my quilting room, I will cover items not in a tote or closed cupboard that I don't plan on using for a time. I am terribly allergic to dust and the less dust covered the item I'm using the better. I would rather the covering be dusty than the item, as I can toss the covering in the washer as needed.