Mercury Dial O Matic

Old 05-07-2023, 08:51 AM

Default Mercury Dial O Matic

Please help. I got this machine gifted to me with no manual. I am not sure how to thread it.
Old 05-07-2023, 10:13 AM

As I responded to your post at Mercury Electric Dial-O-Matic, picture heavy
Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by "a manual for all these parts" as the manual found at https://ismacs.net/singer_sewing_mac...al-rotated.pdf will give you threading instructions. As for the stitch length regulator my best guess is the knob turns to lengthen and shorten the stitch length and the lever is for reversing the direction of the stitches which would be locked to the length set by the knob. Unfortunately the OP that has this machine has not been on QB for over five years.

There is a Morse and an Admiral that have this stitch length regulator, but the upper tension is in a different position than the Mercury....
bkay also responded
Originally Posted by bkay View Post
I'm guessing your question about "parts" is about the what the extra feet do. The feet do the same thing on all that era of sewing machines. Download the manual for a Singer 15-91 and it will tell you what the parts are for. They usually include a foot for sewing a zipper, doing a rolled hem, etc.
bkay

edit: The 15-91 manual is just a more detailed manual. There are several differences in your machine and the 15-91, but the feet still do the same thing.
I hadn't thought about the attachments is what you meant by the parts. You cannot thread your machine like in the 15-91 manual but using the attachments would be the same. As I said, use the ismacs manual for the threading.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)