Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Temperature Quilt 2023 started >

Temperature Quilt 2023 started

Temperature Quilt 2023 started

Old 06-01-2023, 09:55 AM

Default Temperature Quilt 2023 started

Last year my LQS offered a Temperature quilt project kit which interested me but I decided not to do. Another year and a new perspective and I started on a Temperature Quilt journey for this year. I live in Snohomish, WA just north of Seattle and use the National Weather Service website for recorded temps in my area. I started with dark purple and moved into blues, greens yellows, orange and reds with a new color for every 5 degree change. The squares end up as 4" HSQ triangles top corners are high temp and bottom corners are low temp and I'm alternating them to add pattern. This is from Jan 1 through March 26th, the squares with post it notes are blocks for the month which I will FMQ when finished. The rows are 19 blocks across and 20 down and I will add a color/temp key border also.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic 1.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	458.5 KB
ID:	644269  
Old 06-01-2023, 11:23 AM

This Temp Quilt is looking good.
Old 06-01-2023, 01:08 PM

lookin' great 3 dog! I just started my second today, Just a one month one for the month we got married.
I cut all the backgrounds today. Small, just 40X40-ish.
Old 06-01-2023, 04:42 PM

a temperature quilt is on my bucket list. I love yours!
Old 06-01-2023, 09:24 PM

Love your idea. about 5 years ago I had seen a post on Facebook (I think that is where I saw it) about crocheting an item with each row color based on that day's temp. So I made an afghan; set up a chart for the temperature range for 10 degree range for each day. [i.e. 20-29 one color; 30-39 another color etc.] and chose to use the day's high temp. I know my item wasn't quilting but the idea could be used lots of ways-some days I thought a scarf would have been quicker.
Old 06-02-2023, 03:17 AM

I made a temp quilt 3-4 years ago. I've considered doing one for each of the four kids for the year they were born. So far thinking is a far as I've gotten.
Old 06-02-2023, 03:39 AM

Interesting concept and have seen several, but I really like your choice of pattern and colors. You have to be really organized
and have quite the selection of solid colors too. Especially interesting as we have a daughter in Bothell, WA.
Old 06-02-2023, 03:48 AM

Looks great.
Old 06-02-2023, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by EmiliasNana View Post
Interesting concept and have seen several, but I really like your choice of pattern and colors. You have to be really organized
and have quite the selection of solid colors too. Especially interesting as we have a daughter in Bothell, WA.
After doing lots of research I got my pattern and worksheets to help set up & track off the Moda website. I complete one row at a time and date each block with post-it until it is sewn together and added to the quilt. So far (knock on wood) I haven't had to rip anything apart. Here's the link to Moda information https://modafabrics.com/inspiration-...tempquiltintro.

Last edited by Three Dog Night; 06-02-2023 at 05:53 AM. Reason: adding information
Old 06-03-2023, 05:23 AM

Nice! I went to Google to see some more images and fell down a hole! It offered questions and answers about quilting that were quite entertaining, like, "Why are quilts costly?... labor!"