Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Homestead Hearth >

Homestead Hearth

Homestead Hearth

Old 06-10-2023, 10:41 AM

Default Homestead Hearth

Does anyone know when Homestead Hearth in Mexico, MO changed ownership? I just stumbled on the info while looking over their BOM Facebook page.
Old 06-11-2023, 10:08 AM

Just in the last few months and the new owners are wonderful ppl! I've encouraged them to change the name of the store as it didn't have the greatest reputation, at least here. They have some great plans for the store so if you have any ideas or suggestions, I'm sure they'd love to hear them.
Old 06-11-2023, 12:54 PM

Well that's good news (I didn't realize HH didn't have a great reputation). It seemed to be a shop for super serious, accomplished quilters, given the interesting BOMs they offered of a more difficult nature, and one of the owners is a reproduction fabric designer herself (or was). It was nice to have a window on a different kind of BOM and to marvel at the work some people do. Looking over their current selection of upcoming BOMs, they seem to be of a simpler caliber, so I wondered if they are departing from that niche that HH occupied.

I agree with you that it might be a good idea to change the name, if they are planning to be a substantially different kind of shop.

Thanks so much for your reply!
Old 06-11-2023, 01:36 PM

I don't think the shop itself was a problem, it was customer service that was ummm...very rude. I live here and never went in there. So glad for the new owners. Hope you get a chance to come visit the shop!