Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
? Regarding Hunter Star templates >

? Regarding Hunter Star templates

? Regarding Hunter Star templates

Old 06-22-2023, 09:06 PM

Default ? Regarding Hunter Star templates

I was wondering if anyone has used the Hunter Star template by Marti Michel versus the Deb Tucker one? I really don’t want to buy another of the rapid fire ones because they are a bit expensive. I happen to see the one Marti made but just am not sure. It says it makes a 12” block which is the size I need. I’m trying to finish a WIP that I started years ago but my template somehow got broken. Any info you could give would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 06-23-2023, 02:37 AM

I haven’t had any experience with templates for the Hunter’s Star. I use this pattern when I make th Hunter’s Star, which requires no templates and worked up fast and easy. https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/easy...attern-2821736
Old 06-23-2023, 06:11 AM

Yes, i see it as lots of half square triangles. Good luck.
Old 06-23-2023, 06:14 AM

Thanks Cindi, but as I said I already started the quilt using the Rapid Fire method. I really would rather not change it to using HST instead I just don’t think it would work well together.
Old 06-23-2023, 06:44 AM

It looks like the Rapid Fire system only goes up to 10" finished size, yet you want a 12" block. How did you do that? Wouldn't you want to use the same template as the one that got broken?

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 06-23-2023, 08:04 AM
Power Poster

If you still have the pieces for the original template, you could trace around them and make new templates from template plastic.
One needs to be more careful cutting around them because the plastic does get nicked, but it does work.

In fact - make two sets of templates, so when one does get nicked, you can just go to its replacement right away.
Old 06-23-2023, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
If you still have the pieces for the original template, you could trace around them and make new templates from template plastic.
One needs to be more careful cutting around them because the plastic does get nicked, but it does work.

In fact - make two sets of templates, so when one does get nicked, you can just go to its replacement right away.
That's a good plan.
Old 06-23-2023, 11:05 AM

Oh yes, continue on how you started. I did two different methods on a wedding ring quilt only because i kept getting confused on the trimming directions. one pattern was very wasteful. it worked anyway. i was lucky!