Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) >

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

Old 06-16-2023, 03:36 PM

Oh, my what a sparkling bright quilt. LOVE IT!

Thank you for the compliment but no shows for me, I am strictly a make and give away quilter. My competitive streak is rather chicken and lily-livered. I am a much better explorer of untried patterns. That's an adventure I can enjoy immensely.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 06-16-2023 at 03:38 PM.
Old 06-16-2023, 03:48 PM

WMUteach, I'm thinking you could inspire a bunch of people. Don't go for the ribbons but to show everyone how much fun you have with your quilts!
Old 06-19-2023, 06:02 AM

Ibex94, thank you for the link to that new Quilted Twins quilt. So simple! I’ve got thousands of squares now that need to be used. This is a strong possibility for the future.
Old 06-20-2023, 03:48 AM

Good morning swapping friends! It is June 20 and birthday address day. Just a reminder that we do NOT have any July birthdays this year. So, off you go to vacation, garden, diminish you stash or and to just create loveliness.

Don't forget 2.5 day is Sunday. Be ready to show us something you have made or are working on that makes use of our dear little 2.5" squares. I am busy scouring my stash to see how much more my Christmas Cross quilt can grow.. Looks to be a bit small now. More blocks and a photo on the 25 of June.
Old 06-20-2023, 06:25 AM

Oh, I just love the finished quilts NZ and WMUTEACH. SO LOVELY. I also like the scrappy star design. It’s on my want to do list if I live long enough. LOL.

This week I’m working on adding borders for a Halloween top and quilt. I’m debating between s light purple 2.5’ strip and solid black 6.5’ border. Or, black 2.5” border with an orange background with Halloween designs. I’m leaning towards the solid black border option. Then I need to finish the last 3 blocks on my r/w/black top. Then I can sew the top together and quilt over the weekend. And…. Bind both next week.

Well coffee break time is over. I guess it’s time to do some house cleaning. Ugh! Happy quilting & sewing everyone.

Old 06-22-2023, 08:55 AM

http://www.happyquiltingmelissa.com/...f-pattern.html

You all are going to like this whether or not it makes it to your bucket list. I love free patterns amenable to candies!

Old 06-22-2023, 04:58 PM

ibex, sure do like the pattern. I know I have seen it before recently but did not save it because it called for 5" squares. Now I have saved it. I could likely make it from my pink/purple yardage and scraps. Thanks for the pattern link.
Old 06-23-2023, 05:24 AM

Thanks for the pattern Ibex.
Old 06-23-2023, 05:21 PM

I printed it out, too! I think it would look good with any scrappy colors!
Old 06-24-2023, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by happylab View Post
Oh, I just love the finished quilts NZ and WMUTEACH. SO LOVELY. I also like the scrappy star design. It’s on my want to do list if I live long enough. LOL.

This week I’m working on adding borders for a Halloween top and quilt. I’m debating between s light purple 2.5’ strip and solid black 6.5’ border. Or, black 2.5” border with an orange background with Halloween designs. I’m leaning towards the solid black border option. Then I need to finish the last 3 blocks on my r/w/black top. Then I can sew the top together and quilt over the weekend. And…. Bind both next week.

Well coffee break time is over. I guess it’s time to do some house cleaning. Ugh! Happy quilting & sewing everyone.
I will have show and tell on Sunday! My little candy throw is going along nicely!