Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
VQW--July14-16, 2023 >

VQW--July14-16, 2023

VQW--July14-16, 2023

Old 07-14-2023, 02:24 PM

I am home! And not a moment too soon, that was horrendous. Somehow, the memo didn't get passed down the ranks that I am claustrophobic, so they tried to get me into a closed MRI machine. I tried to make it work, but they didn't get me half way into it before I was yelling for them to get me out and hitting the panic button about a bazillion times. I have to reschedule my appointment but at least I showed up and I tried to make it work.

My shawl is finished. I got into the car and looked it over real good, realized I only needed one more row, so worked on it until we got into the city, tied it off and weaved in the end just as we were pulling into the hospital parking lot! Very happy that it's done, still have to block it and open up the chains so it flows correctly, I'll post a picture before the end of the weekend.

Right now, I'm relaxing from the trip, my other half did some smokehouse steak pork loins with rice and I'll get me a bite to eat. We have some pretty severe weather headed our direction, so I'll do my usual checks, make sure flashlights and power banks are charged, a couple days ago we were without power for almost two hours, so all my rechargeable fans are getting hooked up to make sure we don't roast again. Also need to charge up the weather radio, then I'll start in on my GFG.

Sooo happy to be home and with my quilting sisters!
Old 07-14-2023, 04:19 PM

You're all welcome, it helps motivate me to get some things done

Gemm--glad you're joining us this time!

Railroadersbrat--congratulations on finishing the shawl but sorry the MRI was such a terrible experience.

I see I'm not the only one having hot weather. I think its supposed to storm tomorrow. I will be quilting with friends at the guild quarterly sew-in. I guess I better take some hand projects in case of thunderstorms. Will check back in tomorrow night.
Old 07-14-2023, 04:49 PM

Yay! Just finished the last stitch on one crumb quilt border! On to prepping two quilts for my long arm gal. Supposed to rain all day tomorrow so.... photos will be coming later when I can get outside to snap pics.

Like the participation this month. Lots of us are pushing ahead on UFOS, WIPS and cleaning up our work space so we can forge ahead.
Old 07-14-2023, 05:55 PM

Finished project one. This was a class in guild. I just made a small quilt to participate. It is way too hot for outdoor work. So Now on to another project.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1739.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	644743  
Old 07-14-2023, 07:41 PM

This is the project I started to work on but then the next step of frommycarolinahome blog mystery quilt step was posted so have worked on that, not enough progress to take a picture.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1794.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	644749  
Old 07-15-2023, 02:43 AM

Thimblebug, that is so cute.
Old 07-15-2023, 02:46 AM

Got the binding done on 2 of 3, so now I have 4 donations ready to go out the door. Also did a bunch of sewing space clean up yesterday. "Accidentally" made another quilt top. I had a bunch of scrap leftovers from other projects and noticed that they all kinda go together so I cut everything into 5" squares and then bonked it all together. 37x37 currently, but I think it will benefit from a border. (I think everything benefits from a border).

Have a client quilt on the longarm and I've been staring at it waiting for inspiration. Think we will do a leafy meander. So that's today's project. Oh and some grey trimmings which also need to become 5" squares

We are leaving for vacation on Monday so I don't want too much chaos. I also want to dust cover the machines before I leave but that's literally....a sheet.
Old 07-15-2023, 02:55 AM

Grandma duty calls this weekend so I won't be able to sew, but I will enjoy reading about everyone's projects/progress.

My almost 3 yr old granddaughter loves to go in my sewing room and play with the 2.5" candy squares. I lay a piece of batting out and she places the fabric in a line. The fabric theme is Halloween, so its colorful and has spiders, ghosts, pumpkins, cats candy corn, etc A quilter in the making!

Old 07-15-2023, 04:24 AM

Finished one Project Linus quilt last night and have another top completely sewn but will have to find a backing before I can put it on the frame. I also have to order more batting. Wait...maybe I'll just run to JoAnns later this morning and kill two birds with one stone!! Sounds like a plan to me....in the meantime I'll be cutting out my next one.
Old 07-15-2023, 04:28 AM

I'm in. Beautiful weather here in Northeast PA so I'm getting some sun today and will sew tomorrow-expecting rain storms.
Working on a Project Linus Panel Quilt that needs a little more quilting, and a Rail Fence patriotic for Honor Flights. I have the squares made just need to arrange the layout and decide on a border. Decided to also buy a replacement belt for my Featherweight and to treat myself to something fun from the Featherweight Shop!