Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) >

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

Old 07-29-2023, 04:57 PM

Another update with more arrivals!
  1. RebaQuilts
  2. Patrick’s Mom
  3. Janice McC
  4. JENNR8R
  5. Bjsmith57
  6. Grannyrosie
  7. Gaijin
  8. Sewbizgirl
  9. TravelingGramma
  10. Logcabin82
Thank you all! So exciting!

Old 07-29-2023, 05:14 PM

Now I am worried as my candies have not made it to anyone yet. They haven't wandered back to me though. I have sent them the same way I always do with the same amount of postage as always. Corpus Christi mail is too slow!
Old 07-30-2023, 07:15 AM

Candy Update

JaniceMcC

BJSmith57
PatricksMom
Jennr8r
RebaQuilts
LogCabin82
Quossum
SewBizGirl
TravelingGramma
Gaijin

Thank you!
Old 07-30-2023, 12:22 PM

My Houston packets wandered back to me as needing more postage. How annoying! I suspect that is why no one has me listed as having been received....
Old 07-30-2023, 05:21 PM

Happy Sunday evening everyone. I am back from a pleasant Saturday visit to a quilt show that was two hours away from me in Grand Haven, Michigan. I am guessing about 75 quilts mostly twin or larger along with a nice selection of thread painting and wool applique on display. Sadly not one quilt that featured our 2.5s. . This guild does multiple fund raisers for local women's shelters and county charities and were such a cheerful group assisting visitors when questions popped up. The show and raffle are two of them. One of the hidden gems of the show was a huge bargain room of nicely displayed fabric from fat quarters to yardage. I left with 15 yards of backing fabric and a wooden template holder for $43. That works out to about $3 per yard for quilt shop fabric. Not bad.

ibex94, I am sorry your packages came wandering back home, but now you know they are not out there carousing around unattended or lost. Try again, you have plenty of time before birthday celebration time.

Thanks for the list LAF19, I was just about to contact you when I saw your name on another thread on the Board, so I knew you were busy and active.

I hope that you are all finding ways to enjoy or to tolerate our hot weather with a smile. It saddens me that so many folks are suffering with heat. Wish we could store it up for the cold days of winter and pass it on to those who need it in the winter months. But alas, few of us have that ability. Quilt away and I will post again later in the week unless something stupendous comes along in the meantime.

Old 07-31-2023, 11:01 AM

I sent out the August birthday greetings this last Friday from Dallas. I hope they don't have trouble getting through!
Old 07-31-2023, 12:15 PM

My mailman must have been saving mine!!
today I received
IBEX.
WMUTeach
Barbarkibler
AHWU
GrannueRosie
Sewbizgirl
inti my basket they go
Old 08-01-2023, 05:40 AM

Good morning everyone. I just mailed the August BD candies. The zip code for Texan is incorrect. I haven’t read this thread in a while I guess. At least they are all mailed and on their way. I hope the incorrect zip code gets there in time. If it gets returned I will correct the address. Lesson learned = check thread for any corrected address changes. Sorry, my oops. ☹️
Anyway, I’ve been busy quilting 6 baby tops on my long arm for a friend. I’m glad I’m done with that for a while. Now I can focus on my UFO’s and others fun things to get off my to do list. There are several BOM, BOW, QAL’s and challenges I want to get to over the next few months. Several BOM’s will be Christmas presents for 2024. I’m starting early.
I’m quilting my Halloween 👻 top (UFU), this week. And hopefully sewing the r/w/blk top together, (if I can find my 12.5” squaring ruler). My sewing room needs to be organized, so badly. A next week project.
Well have a great week everyone.
Old 08-01-2023, 11:47 AM

Good afternoon all. I am living vicariously through all your projects, as I have been doing none of my own. In fact, my quilt table and long arm have all been disassembled and pushed to a corner. We are packing and prepping for (another) cross country move (we moved from WA state to TN in 2021, then to Florida in 2022. where to next is yet to be determined!). I do have the remainder of the to-be-mailed candies set safely aside for future mailings, but all my projects are currently boxed up. So keep those pictures coming!
JaniceMcC
BJSmith57
PatricksMom
Jennr8r
RebaQuilts
LogCabin82
Quossum
SewBizGirl
TravelingGramma
Gaijin
Ahwu
GrannyRosie
Crispy-Frog

Old 08-01-2023, 02:23 PM

Hi all - candy packages went in the mail today. Hopefully they'll get to their destinations in time!