Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Aug 11-13, 2023 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Aug 11-13, 2023

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Aug 11-13, 2023

Old 08-13-2023, 11:32 AM

Got some more painting done on my painted quilt yesterday. Trying to decide if it needs more. Here's a pic:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3389.jpeg
Views:	54
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	645103  
Old 08-13-2023, 11:53 AM

I got my HSTs all made and trimmed. Think I will make pinwheels with them. Then I found some 9P blocks All are from 30’s fabrics. Since I don’t have enough for a decent sized quilt I may combine them as a round Robbin style PW are 4” and 9P are 3”. We’ll see how it looks later out
Old 08-13-2023, 12:55 PM

It is sure looking good so far. I am commenting on Thimblebug6000's project.
Old 08-13-2023, 02:32 PM

Default Sunday Evening Update

69 stitches done so far today, 102 stitches done since I started early this morning. Took a break for a couple of hours to watch football with my other half, had chili cheese dogs for dinner and now sitting here taking a break to get my hiccups under control. I honestly don't know what's up with me, whenever I start a new cross-stitch project, it never fails, I get multiple rounds of hiccups, it's enough to drive me looney tunes!

Taking an extended break to take a nap and rest, severe weather moving in tonight, my joints are letting me know they're not happy. I don't want to stop, I love cross-stitching, but I know if I keep going, I'm going to really pay for it later.
Old 08-13-2023, 03:09 PM

Dedemac--glad you're in town and able to join us.

sewingpup--glad dr checked you out, hope you're not too achy

Karamarie--hope some of the posts inspire you and help lift you out of the slump

Leann--I feel your pain! I have several WIPs that I need to go back and figure out what needs to be done to finish. Some are really quick an simple I think.

This has been a wonderful weekend here. I finished all quilt tops hanging over the upstairs railing. We don't count the six panels! Instead of cleaning my room though, I pulled out a WIP (Bitty Broken Star by Quiltsmart). I have one quarter of it done now and hope to finish the top tomorrow. I will pop over to the shop Thursday and select a border fabric I think. Then I will clean up the room!

Thanks for joining me this weekend! See you all in September.
Old 08-13-2023, 04:08 PM

Rob, that is amazing as always.
Celia - Its fun finding extra blocks and figuring out what to do with them quickly. You just reminded me of some old HST's I found from the 70's my seam allowances were atrocious and they are all slightly different in size. I found the papers that I pined on the fabric and cut out the triangle with scissors. I have to figure out what I want to do with them.

Today was a good sewing day, all the four patches are done, the final large flying geese are finished but need to spend some time with the DH so I'm done sewing for the day. I should have time to sew again tomorrow so I think we will watch Twister, they are predicting rain for us and I sleep well in a good thunderstorm.

Heather thank you for the VQW
Old 08-14-2023, 03:29 AM

Default Mornday morning update

My Sunday quilting was.....nil or almost nothing. I sorted through my binding scraps and found some for my crumb quilt. Not sewn to the quilt but it is all sewn in a l-o-n-g strip for today's sewing. This sorting did force me to make some decisions about keeping all of those scraps and end pieces of bias binding. They will be going into my recycling bag for a quilting pal who makes dog beds. Keeping that bin of binding scraps which is used once or perhaps twice a year is a waste of space. Off they will go to make some hound or kitty a warm and comfy resting place.
Old 08-14-2023, 03:29 AM

Good thing I got those 25 HSTs sewn together because that is all I got done in the sewing department. Wowser it was a busier weekend than I expected but it was all good and I had some fun despite the heat.
Old 08-14-2023, 06:58 AM

I managed to choose the fabrics, trace the fish block and get the shapes fused and cut out, decided to wait until fresh eyes today, to actually fuse the pieces to the background….. even though I have a big note reminding me they are on point, I don’t want to screw it up 🙄.
thanks again for hosting Raggiemom, look forward to the next one.
Old 08-15-2023, 02:29 AM
Power Poster

sewing pup I hope you are doing better by now. I know it will take some time to heal from such a fall. Yikes! Take good care
Quiltah mama, I am very sorry for your loss. It is so disorienting to have a loved one pass, coordinate a funeral and to have to move on top of that is a torturous experience. to say the least it feels like swimming in glue. Take care of you and hubby.