Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) >

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

Old 08-14-2023, 03:38 PM

Last update!
  1. RebaQuilts
  2. Patrick’s Mom
  3. Janice McC
  4. JENNR8R
  5. Bjsmith57
  6. Grannyrosie
  7. Gaijin
  8. Sewbizgirl
  9. TravelingGramma
  10. Logcabin82
  11. AHWU
  12. WMUTeacher
  13. Crispy frog
  14. BarbaraKibler23 — opened
  15. IBEX94
  16. Happylab
  17. Petthefabric
  18. Kele
  19. LAF2019
All candies to Quossum have touched down safely! I’m working my way through them one by one this month, savoring candy goodness daily.

Thank you so much, everyone, for the daily pick-me-ups during this sultry month!

Old 08-14-2023, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
I saw this a few minutes ago on the Scrap Quilt Enthusiasts site…
I think I’m in love!!!
Old 08-14-2023, 04:23 PM

I saw this a few minutes ago on the Scrap Quilt Enthusiasts site, made by Beverly Spence. No pattern but it is just so us! The maker said she used 2.5 and 2" squares. Bet we could do this. The on point setting make it unique.
that is really beautiful. 2” for sashing?
saving!!
Old 08-14-2023, 05:15 PM

lovely options for our candies!

Quossum, you have more patience than I have to open only one pack a day :-) So why is school so stressful this time around for you. How can we help? Are you a K-12 teacher? Hang in there! Whatever your age students are, they need you!

Laf -- your first packet I sent you made it back to me today. Snail mail....
I am repacking all my candies for the rest of the year to match the layout of your second pack. I think they changed the thickness rule between the beginning of the year and now because they were fine at the beginning of the year. Live and learn, right?

Last edited by ibex94; 08-14-2023 at 05:20 PM.
Old 08-14-2023, 09:03 PM
Power Poster

That is a beautiful quilt, WMUT!
Old 08-15-2023, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
lovely options for our candies!

Quossum, you have more patience than I have to open only one pack a day :-) So why is school so stressful this time around for you. How can we help? Are you a K-12 teacher? Hang in there! Whatever your age students are, they need you!

Laf -- your first packet I sent you made it back to me today. Snail mail....
I am repacking all my candies for the rest of the year to match the layout of your second pack. I think they changed the thickness rule between the beginning of the year and now because they were fine at the beginning of the year. Live and learn, right?
that was a long turn around!
Old 08-15-2023, 12:47 PM

I saw this a few minutes ago on the Scrap Quilt Enthusiasts site, made by Beverly Spence. No pattern but it is just so us! The maker said she used 2.5 and 2" squares. Bet we could do this. The on point setting make it unique.
ooh. I really like this one! thanks
Old 08-15-2023, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Quossum, you have more patience than I have to open only one pack a day :-) So why is school so stressful this time around for you. How can we help? Are you a K-12 teacher? Hang in there! Whatever your age students are, they need you!…
Oh, there’s nothing anyone can do; it’s just the state of the world right now. Thanks to budget concerns our district is down some teaching positions, which means everyone else has larger classes. Some changes happened so swiftly that I wasn’t even informed that my master schedule (what classes I’m teaching at what periods) was changed…I found out when kids started walking into my room at the time that was “supposed” to be my conference period. So now I have an additional “prep”—a different subject to prepare for each day. (I had two preps last year; this year I have three.)

So, I have larger classes than I’ve ever had before, a jarring and exceedingly unfavorable change to my master schedule, and an additional prep…no biggie! Roll with the punches! Do your best! You got this!

Oh, and believe me there’s much much more…new programs that we have to do, new requirements, more expectations, all completely mandatory and non-negotiable, of course. But to go into all that would put all this much further into the “rant” category than it has already strayed, so I’ll stop!

I want to give up. Really I do.

But, oh well.

Thanks for the encouraging words, though!
Old 08-15-2023, 04:24 PM

You are experiencing just what is driving good teachers away from a glorious profession. I have two classes at the university this fall after two years of nothing. I accepted them but now am feeling constrained. I love teaching. This challenge is that I was handed a class that once had been mine but that has been rearranged by someone else to meet a new set of state standards with anew text, new assignments and lacking in creativity for the faculty. Hugs to you Quossum. Hang in there.

Wow, so happy that y'all are loving the photo I posted. I wanted to get started on it right away, but I may have to wait until after the Holidays. Too many "starts" that need to be finished. Maybe my birthday packages will bring some new choices so I can at least start the larger squares. Wink, Wink!

Old 08-20-2023, 03:52 PM

Just sent the September Birthday Swap message to everyone. If you find errors, PM me. Fingers crossed that there are none.