Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cordless Iron - Your Opinion? >

Cordless Iron - Your Opinion?

Cordless Iron - Your Opinion?

Old 09-19-2023, 08:33 AM

I have a Panasonic. Tried it and now never use it. The cordless feature was appealing and I liked the way it looked with its cover on, but the iron didn't stay hot enough. Sorry I bought it.
Old 09-19-2023, 10:03 AM

I think one thing that is coming up is that if you have multiple pressing stations, ie. one right by your machine to press as you piece, and one where you do the bigger pressing (fabric, sections, completed tops), you may be best served by two different irons.

At machine side I really only need some heat and some steam, and a lot of dexterity, so a cordless works well, even if it is a bit lacklustre in the heat and/or steam department. Although I have found my Panasonic quite hot...they must vary by model number.

But at my big pressing table I do need not only an iron with a larger soleplate, but all the heat and steam possible. There, a corded iron is not a problem...I have plenty of room and the cord is not in the way.
Old 09-20-2023, 06:54 AM

I use an older Panasonic cordless, and it works for me. I rarely have the need to press any large amounts of yardage.
Old 09-20-2023, 02:38 PM

I have the Panasonic 360 Freestyle NI-WL600. I love it. I actually think it works better for heat and steam than my expensive Oliso
Old 09-22-2023, 07:11 AM

While I really love my Panasonic cordless for paper piecing when I'm ironing one or two pieces at a time at the machine, it does not stay hot for long enough that I'd use it as my main iron. I'm a chain sewer, and typically iron 75-150 pieces at a time. The Panasonic requires multiple returns to the base to reheat during longer pressing like I typically do, including full pressing of floppies before going on the LA. No comment on steam function as I don't use it on any of my irons.