Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders >

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

Old 09-29-2023, 09:45 AM

Our first Mad Adders meeting is October 4. Up until then, we are operating based on what the RT team has posted on his website and in FB. letsquilttogether.com

Here is what intrigues me right now.... the form that we get to fill out

The Manifest
A form will be provided so that each participant can create a manifest (a guide) that states some wishes or guidelines. These wishes could be things like: preferred size limitations (due to hanging space), landscape orientation, portrait orientation, or square. Other aspects such as a “theme” (leaves, triangles, water, Halloween, etc), could be suggested. It is vital that the originator does not request too many restrictions. The more freedom the team has, the more fun the process will be—and the greater the surprise will be at the end. Source: https://www.letsquilttogether.com/sh...dders-2023-24/

The dollar store has a laundry bag that zips that can be used as a tote and there is a draw string bag there, too if you prefer something smaller and more water proof to ship our works of art.

I would like to suggest that we each send a small piece of muslin with our starter piece so we can sign our names if you want to add a label to the back of the project when all is said and done. If you have no muslin, a piece of light colored fabric, any color, will work, too. I know I would love to be able to bag about you all and our creation and the label will make it easier.
Old 09-29-2023, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I love this idea, thank you WesternWilson!!
So, does this mean we email or text the photos to her, and if so, we'll need to add her contact info to the list, won't we?
I think emailing the photos will be the easier option since she is in Canada.

I am working on gathering her info for an updated roster. Patience my little turtle!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	loggerhead_babies_-_north_carolina_-_dawn_child_usgs.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	645727  

Last edited by ibex94; 09-29-2023 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Picture Needed
Old 09-29-2023, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
I think emailing the photos will be the easier option since she is in Canada.

I am working on gathering her info for an updated roster. Patience my little turtle!
I love your turtle herd!

Last edited by 1CharmShort; 09-29-2023 at 11:23 AM.
Old 09-29-2023, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
I've asked the admins to remove your email address but that may result in the entire post being deleted. Too many trolls on public boards!!
all fixed. the thread is safe. ;-)
Old 09-29-2023, 01:20 PM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

Wow,
First things first, huge thanks to Patrica and Janet for their support in our venture. I love how quilters always jump in to help others. Always a big thanks to Ibex for keeping us in top turtle formation 😊.
The zippered bag from the dollar store sounds great; may I ask which chain you saw it in?
Getting close to the kickoff time! 😆
Old 09-29-2023, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by patricej View Post
all fixed. the thread is safe. ;-)
thank you Patrice!
Old 09-29-2023, 04:20 PM

Thanks all although my email is out there in the world, so not likely much of a prize! You can PM me if you want to know where to email your photos.
Old 09-29-2023, 04:24 PM

Dollar Store -- everything is $1.25 here instead of $1.00. I also noticed that helium balloons have jumped to $1.50! Inflation!!

Originally Posted by Yiaya View Post
Wow,
First things first, huge thanks to Patrica and Janet for their support in our venture. I love how quilters always jump in to help others. Always a big thanks to Ibex for keeping us in top turtle formation 😊.
The zippered bag from the dollar store sounds great; may I ask which chain you saw it in?
Getting close to the kickoff time! 😆
Old 09-29-2023, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by WesternWilson View Post
Thanks all although my email is out there in the world, so not likely much of a prize! You can PM me if you want to know where to email your photos.
Western Wilson, I am adding you to our roster once I get that PM from you letting me know what information you want me to add. Right now I have your first name, board name and email address. If that's all you want on the roster, that's fine.

I am so glad you have tons of Round Robin experience. I am counting on you to keep me in line.
Old 09-29-2023, 04:31 PM

A herd of turtles is called a bale!

I didn't know that. https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...groups-animals See # 19