Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Posting >

Posting

Posting

Old 09-29-2023, 02:30 PM

Default Posting

I posted an item and got a message from Patricia J.....it was deleted. I may not have been on in the last 90 days due to health and is this why......Please inform me of this reason for deleting other than saying to look at RULES FOR THE THRIFT SHOP RULES. Would appreciate comments Been a member for years
Kchil
Old 09-29-2023, 02:44 PM
Power Poster

The rules are here. Here are a couple that apply to your situation.

2. You must have achieved a minimum of Senior Member status.
3. You must have posted a minimum of 20 times, during the most recent 14 days, in sections that relate to quilting. Recipes, Links & Resources, General ChitChat, Blogs, Thrift Shop (Both Sell & Buy), and Requests for Donations do not count.

Old 09-29-2023, 02:52 PM

Thank you. Makes sense
Old 09-30-2023, 11:09 AM

"You must post 20 times in 14 days..." that sounds a bit onerous. Especially, since it doesn't apply to many forums!
I read all new posts, seldom do I post a response. With family medical issues, there will be weeks I don't post.
how about the fact we are not experts on all topics and should not be posting on things we don't know.
Old 09-30-2023, 02:24 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Lady Diana View Post
"You must post 20 times in 14 days..." that sounds a bit onerous. ....
that applies to members who want to sell excess/used/leftover things in the thrift shop
the rules were made necessary by the flood of people [many years ago, now] who only wanted to sell for profit without ever contributing anything useful to our community. also, in far too many cases they were taking advantage of the number of new quilters here and charging reeeediculous prices to people they knew wouldn't know they were being overcharged.

it shouldn't seem too much to ask that people make a meaningful contribution to QB content before they want to sell something. after all, we are not a marketplace site. we are a "share information and show-off-our-work" site. :-)