Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Book Recommendations Wanted! >

Book Recommendations Wanted!

Book Recommendations Wanted!

Old 10-04-2023, 05:14 PM

I just listened to The High Tide Club by Mary Lay Andrews. It was pretty good. Lots of story within the story. Actually first book i have listened all the way through!
Old 10-04-2023, 09:05 PM

For the John Grisham fans among us there is a sequel to The Firm coming on October 17. It’s called The Exchange. I can’t wait to find out what happened to Mitch and Abby…….I need to reread The Firm first.
Old 10-06-2023, 04:30 AM

I think this book, the 1st in the series is free on Kindle today (the 6th) if anyone wants to try out a fantasy series
I'm eagerly anticipating #8 in the series this month.

Dragons Don't Eat Meat: A Dark & Humorous Urban Fantasy (Valkyrie Bestiary Book 1) Kindle Edition

by Kim McDougall (Author) Format: Kindle Edition
Old 10-06-2023, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
I think this book, the 1st in the series is free on Kindle today (the 6th) if anyone wants to try out a fantasy series

Dragons Don't Eat Meat: A Dark & Humorous Urban Fantasy (Valkyrie Bestiary Book 1) Kindle Edition

I’ve read that one and it was fun! I need to read the next one……my library has them.
Old 10-06-2023, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post

Thanks for the heads up on this one! Looks hilarious and fun. I need to stop watching this thread before my list to be read gets out of control lol
Old 10-06-2023, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
I haven't read them in years, but I was thinking of Tony Hillerman's books about Joe Leaphorn and Jim Chee. After his death his daughter took over the franchise but I haven't read any of her books yet. There is a series based on these books, Dark Winds.
I've read a couple of the Jim Chee/Joe Leaphorn books written by Tony Hillerman's daughter. They're okay but Jim Chee lacks the edginess that he had when her father wrote the books and I don't care for them.
Old 10-09-2023, 09:45 AM

I enjoy reading historical fiction. I either read the book or listen to it on audio books. My problem with either is I fall sleep while reading or listening. It’s worse when on audio because then I have to rewind until I find the place where I fell asleep! LOL
Old 10-10-2023, 04:15 PM

Do you all use Goodreads to keep track of what you've read? Or is there another app you love? Since I'm getting back into reading mode, I'd like to keep track of how many I'm reading.
Old 10-10-2023, 04:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by beckyboo1 View Post
Do you all use Goodreads to keep track of what you've read? Or is there another app you love? Since I'm getting back into reading mode, I'd like to keep track of how many I'm reading.
I use TBR - Bookshelf app
Old 10-10-2023, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by beckyboo1 View Post
I use Goodreads.