Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilt guild programs >

quilt guild programs

quilt guild programs

Old 06-27-2019, 01:18 PM

Have you put it to the group "what things would they like to see/happen" and take it from there. Perhaps the "formula" that the previous person was using worked and your group wants to continue along those lines or it is time for a change.

Iissuing challenges every couple months such as giving each person the same piece of fabric and see what they came back with in a few weeks. A paint chip challenge - very popular. Some members are always willing to teach a technique that others are unsure or not confident about as well as organising guest speakers.

Enjoy the new position and look forward to encouraging your group.
Old 10-12-2023, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
I was at my Quilt Guild meeting last night and have been toying around with the idea of taking on responsibility for programs. Our guild meets year round and I am relatively new to this guild. Two meetings are already spoken for with in house garage sale and a pot luck dinner. I would need to have 10 more programs to round out the next year. I know I could get a couple of trunk shows lined up. What other kind of things are done for programs. Any ideas will be taken seriously. We also have a fabric dying program scheduled and another speaker so far. I will still need 10 however. You help is appreciated
Hello juliasb, I know your posting was from 2019, but thought I'd add my 2¢ worth. with about 28 members, our guild signs up for one month (one or two each month) for a program. andwe take turns. Our leader keeps track of the monthly volunteers and their subject topics.
Our programs do NOT have to be about sewing or quilting... could be a travelogue; music inspired; terminology; history of machines; etc. ALSO, a test (no grading) on quilt terms; all sorts of quilt tools; procedures; different ways to make HSTs or flying geese, etc. Good luck.