Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders >

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

Old 10-27-2023, 06:17 PM

🤦 I thought when she said "signature fabric", she meant the focus fabric in her block.
Old 10-27-2023, 06:22 PM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

😂😂😂😂 Something I would do too Peckish.
Old 10-28-2023, 03:58 PM

Just a quick note: when sending me your progress pictures, please label the images with the name of the person who made the original block in what you worked on, and the "round" that the picture represents.

So for the first round, the starter block is labelled, for instance, "YiaYa - 1". When Shawnee (who gets Yiaya's work) is finished with her month 2 additions, the photo of the work she has done will be labelled "Yiaya - 2".

Does that make sense?
Old 10-28-2023, 08:09 PM

Yep it does make sense.
Thank you so much for all you're doing!
It will be so fun to see all the pics and to see the whole story in the end.
Old 10-28-2023, 10:26 PM

Default Got it!

Originally Posted by Yiaya View Post
Good morning All,

Ibex, I found my list so you can disregard my email from last night. Had printed it out but completely forgot that I had. I would have sent you another email but can’t find my messages.

Shawnee, my flimsy has been flung.

I think I have figured out how to post pictures; now I need to figure out how to resize them to fit this format.
Your flimsy is ADORABLE! I have been suffering from decision fatigue but am finished. I’m thinking a porch drop since Peckish lives near me. 🥰
Old 10-29-2023, 04:25 AM

Oh Shawnee! I’m glad you like it. More importantly, I am thrilled that you are okay. Lol, you didn’t know it but I have been worried and praying for you because I had not seen you post for weeks. Absolutely me being a worry wart old Yiayia. I can’t tell you how happy your post has made me 😁 No matter how many times I told myself that you are a busy, working woman I couldn’t help but worry. Glad that you decided on what to send (funny how much we have all fretted over a simple block).
Could you please tell me your favorite color?
Old 10-29-2023, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Yiaya View Post
Oh Shawnee! I’m glad you like it. More importantly, I am thrilled that you are okay. Lol, you didn’t know it but I have been worried and praying for you because I had not seen you post for weeks. Absolutely me being a worry wart old Yiayia. I can’t tell you how happy your post has made me 😁 No matter how many times I told myself that you are a busy, working woman I couldn’t help but worry. Glad that you decided on what to send (funny how much we have all fretted over a simple block).
Could you please tell me your favorite color?
Hi Shawnee

Yiayia, I was thinkin the same...but didn't want to "hover" or admit to worrying...
Old 10-29-2023, 08:02 AM

Nice to hear I’m not alone Charm. Gotta love how nicely we are taking to each other. ❤️
Old 10-29-2023, 10:42 AM

I am so jealous that some of you have flimsies already! I'm waiting patiently for mine.

Sorry -- signature fabric -- plain ole boring white to make a label for the back of the quilt.

WesternWilson -- I haven't downloaded the pictures to my computer yet. I'm a bad turtle. Ibex94 - 1 has yet to hit the airwaves. Your labeling methodology sounds fine but for my records, I am adding my name to the picture, too. So when I get to it, Yiaya - 3 Ibex94 is what I will be keeping on my computer. If there is any chance you want to play with the pictures by organizing by adder, you may want our name on your label, too. I don't think that will mess with your system as all the Yiaya's will still be listed in order numerically. I will send you "Yiaya - 3" as a label only unless you decide you want adder name, too.

Team -- did everyone scan in their request manifest? Can you send a copy to WesternWilson? If not, I will when I get it and forward a copy to WesternWilson so she can use it. Post a note in here and let me know.

Happy Sunday, all! November 1 will be here soon! Time for Ricky to teach us something new and exciting!
Old 10-29-2023, 10:50 AM

Oh gosh, no I didn’t think about the manifest but I do believe that I pretty much left it open for everyone to do their thing.
I can scan Plex’s (1Charmshort) if she forgot too.