Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Frank Lloyd Wright >

Frank Lloyd Wright

Frank Lloyd Wright

Old 10-29-2023, 05:32 AM

Years ago, DH visited a couple of FLW's houses. He bought me a book of patterns designed from the windows. I have just been too intimidated to try one. This is the book I have, and looking at the current cost, maybe I should insure it!! https://www.amazon.ca/Quilts-traditi.../dp/1885156138
Old 10-29-2023, 06:21 AM

I do have that book, too, and was surprised at the price! I have made a quilt out of that book and it has a Coonley house pattern, but not the playhouse one with the circles. I don't know how to upload my pictures or I would do that. There is a pattern book at the Library of Congress, but it will be expensive to have copies of the pages made. I think using lots of starch and cutting the black along the selvage edge and sewing slowly insures the straight lines.
Old 10-29-2023, 06:22 AM

Thank you for this site. My daughter is going to help me look at this site this coming week.
Old 10-29-2023, 07:10 AM

Default Frank LLoyd Wright

Quilts in the Tradition of Frank Lloyd Wright: Robinson, Jackie

This is an old book. Jackie had a nice presentation that she gave at quilt guilds around the country to promote her book. She dressed up like Frank & told about him 'in his own words'.

I don't know if this has the specific window you are look for or not. The book is out of print but available from used book sellers.
Old 10-30-2023, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by jbronston View Post
Quilts in the Tradition of Frank Lloyd Wright: Robinson, Jackie

This is an old book. Jackie had a nice presentation that she gave at quilt guilds around the country to promote her book. She dressed up like Frank & told about him 'in his own words'.

I don't know if this has the specific window you are look for or not. The book is out of print but available from used book sellers.
I do have this book and it has many window patterns, easy to follow directions. It has a Coonley house window pattern, but not the playhouse which has circular glass pieces in it...I'm assuming to be balloons. Thanks for your reply