Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Adhesive spray and backing creases >

Adhesive spray and backing creases

Adhesive spray and backing creases

Old 11-01-2023, 05:11 AM

I use 505 Spray and the Sharon Schamber "board basting" method. Lots of info and videos online. I never do extremely large quilts, so I can make do with 8 feet long boards. In this particular case, you'd need very long boards! However, might be worth considering for smaller projects. I have a long table in the basement to accommodate my 8 feet boards.
Old 11-02-2023, 05:46 PM

When I get folds in the back that can't be eased out, I go ahead and quilt it with the folds. Once quilted, I go back and whip stitch down the folds in matching thread. Then they don't act like toe catchers. On a large quilt, they seem to disappear.
Old 11-03-2023, 04:39 AM

Start over. Tape the backing down taut to the floor. Very important step. It will avoid ALL wrinkles. Then lay the batting on top, half at a time, or a quarter of it at a time. Spray baste. Smooth very well. Then lay the the quilt top, spray baste. a quarter or half at a time. SMOOTH very well. This should correct the problem. just work in small sections. good luck. You CAN do it.
Old 11-03-2023, 10:07 AM

I think it depends on just how much you love the quilt. If this is a "keep forever" quilt, I'd pull it off the batting that stuck to the top, smooth out the wrinkles, and put a new batting on. Start on a small area to see what the results would look like. If it solves the problem, This would take some effort, but might be worth it.