Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way >

Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way

Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way

Old 11-12-2023, 11:20 AM

I’m another lurker this year. I’ll be saving the patterns so I can jump in if I feel the urge. No great excuse beyond I’ve recently bought a stack of new patterns and am still having for with them and am not really in the mood for a surprise this year.
Old 11-12-2023, 03:50 PM

I am just having such fun looking at all the color and fabric you folks are coming up with. I went with the suggested colors but.....there is time yet to change my mind!
Old 11-13-2023, 02:48 AM

Welcome to the non-sewing lurkers -- we are glad to have you dropping in and commenting as you can.

I've pulled enough fabrics. There is still some fine tuning and prewashing to do. Here's pictures of my light blue sets, picture one shows the brighter more medium tones next to the indigos and then the lighter duskier blue set. Then we have the (currently) preferred dusky set with the indigo and finally the brighter set.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6436.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	646304   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6434.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	646305   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6435.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	646306  
Old 11-13-2023, 01:37 PM

Looking at the blues only, I prefer your dusky ones to your brighter ones with the indigo. (It appears there is one among the duskies that might belong with the brights?) Can we see them with your reds and neutrals?
Old 11-14-2023, 07:10 AM

Oh there is endless fiddling to do with the fabric!! I need to do some B&W viewing of them as well.

I'm pretty much certain I will use the solid reds and the dusty blues. Dark fabrics are not an issue.

Since you asked, I have a picture with the reds, and then I have a picture of the light blues with the neutrals.

I love the cat fabric (bottom of neutral stack) but I don't think it will work for small pieces, too much chance for just the blue to show.

Speaking of small pieces, I downloaded the Silk Path pattern -- it is all 1" squares. LOL not so much for me, but I may adapt it to a 2" grid.

Name:	100_6437.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	646317   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6439.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	646318  
Old 11-14-2023, 07:28 AM

IceBlossom, The Silk Path description says it is strip sets. Still too much of a chance for me to get them all wonky. I have alot of catch up to do.
Kirsten
Old 11-14-2023, 07:44 AM

I just showed the colors to my Sewing Bee yesterday. I think more of them will be joining in due to the patriotic colors. We make a lot of Veteran's quilts since we are surrounded by Air Force and Navy bases. I sent them to Bonnie's site; I hope some will even join in here also. So let your friends know the colors. It's so much fun to chat about clues.
Old 11-14-2023, 03:02 PM

Ice….great fabric pull…..I shared my fabrics awhile ago and will not revisit them…Gonna just go for it..lol..

Toverly….I didn’t waiver from BH colors this year because of the QOV plans I have for it, too. I’ll be attending a veteran’s reunion in October next year and hope to donate this for a drawing. I donate a quilt each reunion for drawing so this, I hope, will work out.

While I wait for a quilt to return from LA’er plus the start of mystery, I didn’t want to start something else…so, I’m going thru my bags of crumbs and making fabric. Have no idea what I’ll do with them but I’ll be inspired eventually.. Finishing up with yellows tonight…then onto the blues..

Name:	IMG_1300.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	450.6 KB
ID:	646321  
Old 11-14-2023, 04:02 PM

Teen, I am sure it will be a stunning quilt for a drawing. What a terrific idea. I am going thru my 2" squares sewing them into blocks till the day the Mystery starts (and the company leaves).
Old 11-15-2023, 10:53 AM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!

Joe’s Mom, sorry for the delay. Trying to get some projects done before the first clue and didn’t get to check in till now. My only reason for thinking solids and grunge may work is the picture on the front page and the clothing on the people. But again Bonnie uses these things as inspiration only then goes from there.
Thanks everyone for your help with my computer problem…. Sometimes I just get in my own way!