Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) >

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

Old 11-14-2023, 08:30 PM

I received Journey's winning gift in the mail today. Thank you! every piece is greatly appreciated, in fact, I went shopping for a small square ruler after settling in here, and the shop only had a 3.5". I wanted a 2.5" square. Guess what was included in my gift bag?!? I also got a marking pen (mine has still yet to be unpacked, so this was great!). I also received a variety of hexagon templates and a zipper pouch. This was such a pleasure to receive. Thank you.
Old 11-14-2023, 10:51 PM
Power Poster

Sounds great, LAF! Congrats!
Old 11-15-2023, 07:39 PM

Yea, I am so glad the contest winners got something they needed or wanted. One just never knows. Tee-Hee-Hee! I aim to please. Goodness it is almost time to send out the final little packages for our December Birthday Swapper.

Be watching your mailbox on the 20th birthday mailing information and a final swap contest.

Old 11-16-2023, 06:05 AM

After I completed my tablecloth, I started on Xmas presents and some birthday gifts for my princess. Still working on her PJs, and need to quilt the Xmas gifts. I did mail out dec. Birthday candies last week so it should be there soon.
So sorry to here Wmu , though I may be in your shoes in coming years. There has been great success in a non invasive surgy where they actually put a cement type around the spinal bones to relieve pain, may want to check into it. Besides my back and hips, now my RA has been attacking my left fingers, swollen to where I want to just want to push a pin in them and hope the infection goes away. But I sit with ice packs to relieve the pain. Also my daughter buys me some CBD muscle gel from Lazarus naturals, boy it helps. I put it on my hips and back and no to very less pain for a couple of hours.
Also get a good Ortho back brace, that helps too, though I use it when it's too late. Yup, getting old is a bitch, but I'm still 6 feet above the ground. Lol.

well we finally got some rain, if that's what they call it. Mostly just gentle mist and sprinkles, not enough to soak to ground but I'll take what we can get.

If I don't get back to this board before turkey day, Everyone haveca wonderful Thsnksgiving.
Old 11-16-2023, 04:06 PM

Good evening everyone. Still have plenty of time left to get the last 4 candy packages. No update to post today.

I’m so frustrated. The other night I broke my easy glide foot for my long arm. I changed to the regular foot to see if it would work for the baby top. This tops has several areas of thick fabric joining in one area, where a bump occurs. I decided to double check to see how well the regular foot would move over this top I had set up. I noted several spots where the foot got caught in the thick areas of the top. So I ordered another foot and patiently waiting for the mailman to deliver my package. 4-7 work days. I figure next week some time. So in the mean time I will be working on finishing a few more tops to give away to extended family members. And get ready for BHMQ 2023 to start in 8 days. I so love starting her tops.

happy sewing/quilting everyone.
Old 11-17-2023, 02:13 PM

happylab, just put another candy package in the mail. Hope this one finds its way to you!
Old 11-17-2023, 03:39 PM

Plan on mailing Monday, giving 7 days to arrive on your birthday
Old 11-18-2023, 11:41 AM

Kele, the mail person didn’t bless me with any more bd candy today. I will be on the outlook for your package.

still no replacement of long arm foot. ☹️. Oh well time to do something productive.
Old 11-18-2023, 04:28 PM

Thank you Kele for jumping in and replacing the wandering package of Birthday Candies. As often happens the package will be found sleeping in a mail bin located in Someplace, USA and Happy Lab will be blessed with two of your selection of goodies.

Just an FYI, and I will include this same message in the December Birthday Swap notice too, I have started the process to start a 2024 Birthday Swap group. Step one is permission from one of the Administrators. Just sent the request tonight and will assume we are OK for another year. We have not had any problems such as drop-outs or delinquent swappers.

So, if you know you want to join in again, let me know and I will start our new group list. The plan is to post the swap around December 1 and close the end of the month or perhaps nudge into January, just a wee little bit if we need to and it will work for the group.

So, PM me with your "real" name, address, birth date and phone number just in case I need to contact you.

Hoping to see you and more in '24.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 11-18-2023 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-18-2023, 08:49 PM

I will be sitting out the 2024 swap. most of our belongings and 99% of my quilt stuff is still sitting in a PODS container 100 miles away. hopefully we will be finding a home to purchase in the next few months where I can get settled and look forward to 2025! I have december's package tucked away safely and ready to be sent out when the time comes. Thank you all for the enjoyable candy swap this year.