Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend—November 23-26, 2023 >

Virtual quilting weekend—November 23-26, 2023

Virtual quilting weekend—November 23-26, 2023

Old 11-23-2023, 09:07 AM

Food, food and more food - family's coming to our house for Thanksgiving!!!
Old 11-23-2023, 09:45 AM

Happy turkey and family day. We have our DD and DSIL up from Omaha they fly out tomorrow early. So as we sit and chat I will finish the binding on a lap quilt and she will be working on her knitting. Tomorrow I can break out one of my machines and finish the quilting on a baby gift for nice that is due in the next few weeks.
Old 11-23-2023, 10:11 AM

Not sure I'll get any studio time this weekend, but I'm looking forward to seeing what others are doing!

Rob
Old 11-23-2023, 10:46 AM

Thanks for hosting this "special" VQW. I have a nice 4 day weekend off from work. Thanksgiving will be a quiet one here, it's just hubby, me and our oldest daughter. Our other daughters will be staying at home in California and Hawai'i. So no big gathering this year. Planning on some nice sewing time. The two projects I'm planning to work on will be my Jewel Box Star (getting that into a flimsy) and tomorrow starts Bonnie Hunter's winter mystery. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Old 11-23-2023, 11:22 AM

stll recovering from fall in aug. dificult to make tops so sewing/cutting blocks that i will donate to my project linus for someone to bring home and finish...oh and watching football too...i'm a cheese head
Old 11-23-2023, 04:27 PM

I figured there would be some of the group working on the new Bonnie Hunter mystery 😃

Quilting Mama—hope your show goes well Saturday

aashley333–I love fairy frost fabric. I have a couple fat quarter bundles that I’m still trying to decide what to use them for.

sschick—I’m impressed you only work on one project at a time. Not a time management skill I have!

I have the pre work done for my On the Go bag
class. Much of the day was spent in the kitchen—cooking and then all the cleanup. Husband helped some but he had leaves in the backyard to mulch. Tomorrow I’m off to LQS, all batiks are $6/yard. I’m coming home with a carload!
Old 11-23-2023, 06:02 PM

Oh I was hoping for some friends to sew with!
1)LAst night I put together centers of 4 big blocks. Hopefully will come together nicely.
2) Today, worked a little on a simple floral scrappy charity. Blocks were done - just needs to be put together into a top. I'm afraid it might need a border to pull it together.
3) And cut binding for another charity quilt.
4) mounting a client quilt on the longarm

Unfortunately right now my sewing desk is covered with dining stuff (reasons! - once the dishwasher is finished I can put it away) so no more until Thanksgiving cleaning up is finished.

Love you guys ❤️😘
Old 11-23-2023, 07:14 PM

I didn't get much sewing done today. My youngest daughter (who lives in Hawai'i) called and we Facetime for a couple of hours. Part of the time we were in our respective kitchens (Hawai'i and Arizona) cooking for Thanksgiving. Me getting the turkey breast and stuffing ready and her making mac 'n cheese and a corn chowder soup. That was fun and we were able to talk and see our sweet grandson too. He's sporting a new hair cut and he's looking all grown up. I also got some phone time with my oldest daughter and my other set of grandkids. I might get some hand stitching done on my hexie "forever" project tonight or not, depends on my mood. Anyway I'm ready to sew tomorrow.
Old 11-23-2023, 07:28 PM

Looks like some great family time happening, Cajun turkey was great today, had dinner around 2 then after clean up we played a board game, first game was learning the rules for the kids. Second game was cutthroat for who was going to win, It was fun. After that we talked while I kept my hands busy stitching. Glad to say that I got one of my UFOs finished. Not sure if I want to put a label on it at the moment. I will get pictures tomorrow when its light.
Happy sewing!
Old 11-24-2023, 04:35 AM

Iceblossom: That's an impressive string quilt!

In my unofficial capacity as Finisher of other people's UFO's, I'm picking stitches from a sandwiched top so (hopefully) I can load it on the longarm later today. The owner of this is sister to a friend and she's a good quilter but she just got tired of this project 25 years ago.

The unending scrappy strip piecing project goes on: 70 out of 90 blocks done.