Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 11-26-2023, 08:35 AM
Power Poster

Hi everyone, my blocks arrived on Friday and they are GORGEOUS!! Thank you all so much! I can't wait to get back to my sewing room to turn them into a lovely quilt.
I hope you all enjoy the holiday season and thanks again! Can't wait for the next Boom.
Janice, thank you so much!

Old 11-26-2023, 12:40 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lstew2212 View Post
My blocks have arrived, and they are spectacular. I can't wait to get them together into a quilt. My Christmas sewing and knitting have to come first. I have two pairs of mittens and a hat to knit. A baby quilt to finish. Burp cloths to make and two Christmas quilts to finish. The quilts are all quilt as you go, they will be fastest to finish as all the blocks are quilted.
Please show us your Christmas projects when they are ready, Lstew! Would love to see them, especially the knitting.
Old 11-26-2023, 12:50 PM
Power Poster

I'm happy to report that ALL of my blocks were 12.5"... all perfect! I don't think that's ever happened before, so WELL DONE you all!

Below is a sneak preview of my quilt, laid out on the ironing board. I alternated dark and light backgrounds, and it's looking spectacular, if I do say so myself!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3954.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	663.1 KB
ID:	646437  
Old 11-27-2023, 03:15 AM

Wow, SBG, you are quick! Your top looks beautiful and I'm glad you are pleased with your blocks. Cannot wait to see the finished quilt.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I'm happy to report that ALL of my blocks were 12.5"... all perfect! I don't think that's ever happened before, so WELL DONE you all!

Below is a sneak preview of my quilt, laid out on the ironing board. I alternated dark and light backgrounds, and it's looking spectacular, if I do say so myself!
Old 11-27-2023, 06:41 AM

Gorgeous quilt Showbiz, you are Johnny on the spot.
Old 11-27-2023, 10:11 AM

I’m also happy to say that I received my blocks. I finished two prior projects this past weekend including the Star Wars top from last time. So these will have to wait :-) hugs!
Old 11-27-2023, 11:53 AM

Default Thanks, everyone!

Thank you all for the wonderful blocks! They look fantastic. Yesterday I was able to sash 2 sides of each block and took a good look at the layouts. Since there are two very distinct styles, I've decided to make two quilts, a laptop for John in his recliner and a twin for his hospital bed. I'll post pictures as I can (IF I can :} ).

The group has been wonderfully patient and uplifting. I've mostly been a lurker and not very chatty this go-around. Thank you for all the delicious eye candy, stories, and tips. Now I am looking forward to finishing many projects. I'll be lurking around later, Right now I gotta get to my machine! *smile*

May the blessings of the season be with you. Hugs to all,
Marie

Old 11-29-2023, 03:40 AM

Good morning, Boomers. It’s 20 degrees outside. Brrr. I’ll be staying inside until it warms up a bit, that’s for sure.

It looks like all packages have been delivered now. Woo hoo! The feedback I’ve gotten about blocks has been very positive. The only problems were that some people didn’t put their names on the blocks they made and that several people left selvages on their F8s. Both issues are easily fixable next round.

The next Boom will be late winter and I’ll be sure to post here so stay subscribed to this thread for updates. I hope you’ll join again! Please continue to post here if you’d like to stay in touch and show us your blocks and finishes.

Old 11-29-2023, 05:51 AM

Thank you Janice McC for all your hard work on this boom as well as Sewbiz. Also thanks to everyone for making my blocks. They are beautiful. Hugs and stay warm!
Old 11-30-2023, 04:26 AM

You are welcome!
Originally Posted by Rebaquilts View Post
Thank you Janice McC for all your hard work on this boom as well as Sewbiz. Also thanks to everyone for making my blocks. They are beautiful. Hugs and stay warm!