Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) >

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

Old 11-22-2023, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Just stumbled across this beautiful design. I think the squares are slightly bigger than our candies, but there's no reason you couldn't make it with them instead.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/572379433907065055/
Thanks, Sewbizgirl. The linked quilt would make a good sew along or tutorial.

Sorry you won't be with us next year, but I understand. We who have been in the group for a while can easily find ourselves deep in mountains of 2.5's. Please do lurk and show us your beauties as you put your candies to work next year.
Old 11-24-2023, 12:26 PM

I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving. We supported the local restaurant and went out. Very relaxing day.

i received another pac of candy. From Kibker. Thank-you. I will open on my birthday. Again thank-you everyone.
‘commercial, BHMQ actual sewing started today. I will be busy this week.
Old 11-25-2023, 11:36 AM

My December 2023 candies to Rebaquilts have been mailed. Let's see if they get there before her birthday. I am using the special handling butterfly stamp and that should take away some of the super late arrivals or no arrival packages that I had this year.

So the next candy swap begins in January if we have enough candy swappers? Is there a minimum number of swappers before this swap is launched?
Old 11-25-2023, 04:24 PM

Ibex, No minimum number of swappers, but at this time there are 10 interested and I have not even opened it up to all the board members. I will post a list as soon as I open the new sign-up. If you are pondering how many sets to cut, start with 20. That seems like a pretty good estimate for the past few years. It has been a long time since we had more than 25. As I recall only one year did we have more than 30.
Old 11-27-2023, 10:20 AM

Default 3 so far :-)

Hi all! I’m getting excited, this year is a big birthday for me, the monumental six zero. Since I’m the week before Christmas, I'm opening as I go. I’ve received from Sewbizgirl, WMUteach, and JaniceMcC. I have to say that opening these is just delightful. I snapped a photo of each, the beautiful arrangement by WMUteach was amazing, the coordinated blue and yellow from JaniceMcC so pretty, and the BBQ truck on top from Sewbizgirl brought a smile. I hope they make everyone else smile too! Hugs!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6794.jpeg
Views:	25
Size:	258.4 KB
ID:	646452   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6792.jpeg
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	646453   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6791.jpeg
Views:	23
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	646454  
Old 11-27-2023, 01:37 PM

I received my last candy from Pet. So I have received all of my BD candy ahead of schedule. Thank-you everyone. I will open on or just after my birthday. On my birthday I plan to sew/quilt and sew some more. Maybe go out to eat for dinner. No house work.
Old 11-27-2023, 06:03 PM

Yeah, Happylab! Love to know all are present and accounted for! And Reba, how nice to know our packages arrived as packed. Since you are the last of the group it is fun to see all of the birthday treats one more time. The rest of us can't do that because we just might spoil someone else's surprise. Lovely winter to all and to all .....a good night.

Old 11-29-2023, 03:38 AM

Mailing out Rebaquilts today( hope hubby remembers).

not sure yet if I'm going to participate in next year's swap, been busy sewing and preparing for Thanksgiving and now Xmas is right around the corner, I've not gone through my stash.
the rain god's have finally blessed us with .25 inches of rain and it seems more will be coming ( we're only 38 inches below normal).
took a break from pulling things down to decorate for the holidays, and as i get older it almost seems too much, but I know in the end it will brighten my day. Well back to pulling the 8 containers from the attic and the tree.
we may be getting another puppy to join the family, so its gonna get hectic if we do ( its a rescue lab mix), just have to go through the adoption process with the rescue center.
​​​​​​
Old 11-29-2023, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by happylab View Post
I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving. We supported the local restaurant and went out. Very relaxing day.

i received another pac of candy. From Kibker. Thank-you. I will open on my birthday. Again thank-you everyone.
‘commercial, BHMQ actual sewing started today. I will be busy this week.
Happy birthday Happylab! I hope you had a wonderful, relaxing day sewing and a nice dinner out yesterday. Hugs!!
Old 11-29-2023, 12:19 PM
Power Poster

Happy belated Birthday, Happylab! Hope you enjoyed it!

Gannyrosie, YAY for a new puppy! Our doggie is half lab, half collie. Best dog ever....

I have an overwhelming amount of candy squares! So last night I started on the columns quilt. I'm using only my blues, purples and greens. Great mindless sewing. Here is a sneak peek... quilt pieces at the bottom of the pic and my candy hoarde at the top.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3957.JPG
Size:	623.4 KB
ID:	646471