Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way >

Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way

Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way

Old 12-02-2023, 07:27 PM

Jeanie…thank you! Not hard at all…Pattern is from book: Tilda’s Christmas Ideas by Tone Finnanger (she is the creator and designer of Tilda’s World.). I’ve made several of her creations. This Santa measures 22” tall from tip of hat to feet..

Here are her Pajama Angels I made a couple of weeks ago….and her Kitchy Doll (really skinny limbs so this was a bit more challenging)…angels not in book but really the same pattern just dressed differently in book. The Kitchy Doll is a free pattern from her website.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1292.jpeg
Views:	70
Size:	625.1 KB
ID:	646516   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2624.jpeg
Views:	54
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	646517  

Last edited by Teen; 12-02-2023 at 07:33 PM.
Old 12-02-2023, 07:43 PM

Thank you for the info Teen! Those dolls are so cute!
Old 12-03-2023, 06:17 AM

Greetings of the day (for whatever time zone or when you check in)!

One of our non-participants asked me about the specialty rulers as they had a bad experience thinking it was a 60 degree ruler for hexes (60 degrees for 6 sided shapes) and that the rulers were more around 54 degrees. She caught it in time to not ruin her project. She is correct that it is not the correct angle for hexes, but in this case we are turning a triangle into a square and have to do a slightly different angle. If you use a 60 degree ruler to help cut you will most likely get a good top point but your bottom will be a bit too wide. So many ways to go wrong!!

Because of the way I am cutting large side triangles, I do not get that little red dot at the end of my seam allowance, but my squares are measuring correctly as squares. Without the little notches, I find it easiest to start at the top since my red triangles are correct. I did find my small rotating cutting mat which is making trimming easier. I know that the bottom edge of the red triangle is correct, so I just have to do the two sides and the top. Yikes, tedium...

Old 12-03-2023, 04:08 PM

The studio is straightened. No in-progress. Have fabrics. Mind in gaged. Ready to proceed.

These first 2 clues do seem large. Got out picture for 2022 project. There were pieces this size. I think they were the largest pieces. Maybe she’s starting easy.
Old 12-03-2023, 04:22 PM

My red fabric took 2 washings before my color catchers came out white. This is my first time using the tri-recs, I didn't participate in Bonnie's En Provence mystery. So far, so good with this "new to me" tool, my units are coming out the right size ..... <said with her fingers crossed>

Name:	IMG_1069.jpeg
Views:	58
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	646532  
Old 12-04-2023, 05:58 AM

Good Morning Y'all. I am paper piecing clue 2 so it's a slow and steady pace. I am loving these larger blocks. Happy Sewing everyone.
Old 12-04-2023, 06:27 AM

I decided on a new acronym for our "lurkers", you are now officially NSP (Non Sewing Participants). I think that sounds much nicer.

I am making slow and steady progress, don't seem to be able to settle down and do large amounts of sewing at a time, so try for 4 sets and then go get some coffee or deal with the dogs or whatever. I am feeling rather fumble-fingered as I handle the skinny triangles. But on the other hand it is rather nice to be dealing with solids and not have to turn those over to the right sides. Have quite a bit of sewing and trimming to go!

I have 8 pieces of red which I think comprises 6 shades. I really need better lighting downstairs, that will be a priority once the contractor is done building the closets -- I'm hoping today is the last day. My next step is tidying up and putting dust covers back out over the sewing table etc. So today's picture shows some of the different reds with the two specific neutrals I bought (in addition to the pack of fat eigths). One is the tiny red polka dots (I call it the measles fabric) and the other is the Marcus Brothers shirting print I picked up on my recent fabric road trip.

Name:	100_6448.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	862.4 KB
ID:	646534  
Old 12-04-2023, 11:50 AM

Clue 1 finished. Started 2.
Old 12-04-2023, 12:02 PM

You guys are all amazing! I admire your patience for this, and all of you are doing such nice work!

Teen....love your Tilda dolls! I've been making her cats and mice but they aren't as fun or cute as your Santa and Pajama and Kitchy dolls.
Old 12-04-2023, 02:52 PM

I decided to make the BH Mystery quilt. I made Chilhowie last year and enjoyed the mystery. I pulled from stash and am only using one fabric for each color. I'm using some of the Summer Breeze fabrics from Moda and one Moda marble. I hope the finished quilt is pretty. I've finished the first clue and am now cutting fabrics for the second clue.

Name:	BH#1.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	646537