Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Batting by the roll >

Batting by the roll

Batting by the roll

Old 11-27-2023, 07:35 AM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.
Default Batting by the roll

Hi Everyone,
I recently saw a post that contained names of online retailers that sold batting by the roll but have been unable to find it with the search function.
Could anyone please provide a source or two?
TIA,
Yiaya
Old 11-27-2023, 09:54 AM

I like these 3 online stores for batting by the roll...I watch for sales

all have a good variety to choose from

batting supersale has prices that include shipping. the other 2 add shipping charges to the price you see.

https://www.battingsupersale.com/

https://www.longarmsupplies.net/coll...g-boards-rolls

https://quiltbatting.com/

Last edited by 1CharmShort; 11-27-2023 at 09:58 AM.
Old 11-27-2023, 10:24 AM
Power Poster

You can sometimes find good online prices for batting rolls on Amazon, and even Walmart. And of course there's always JAF. I've also bought rolls at good prices on the last day of a quilt show, when the vendors don't want to take it back home with them.
Old 11-27-2023, 12:33 PM

The hardest part for me about ordering batting on the roll is deciding which one to purchase. I eventually decided on Warm and White. I go thru Walmart.com on JoAnn's usually. It's worth price checking for a while before purchasing. For me, Free Shipping is a must.
Old 11-27-2023, 02:31 PM
Power Poster

Most of the LA in my area buy the 80/20 from Marshall's Dry Goods. Call and ask for a sample of their brand of batting. If you ever get to go to Marshall's you will meet the friendliest and most fun people especially Mr. Marshall. He is one of a kind.
Old 11-27-2023, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
Most of the LA in my area buy the 80/20 from Marshall's Dry Goods. Call and ask for a sample of their brand of batting. If you ever get to go to Marshall's you will meet the friendliest and most fun people especially Mr. Marshall. He is one of a kind.
I really like Marshall's too, but they don't have much to choose from when it comes to batting. I would buy the black batting from them, but don't use enough of it to buy a whole roll.
I like experimenting with wool, bamboo and silk battings. Well I buy boards and rolls of bamboo/cotton and wool/cotton blends a lot. Silk...only in small packages by Tuscany.

I would enjoy a trip to Marshall's! But it would probably get very expensive
Old 11-27-2023, 03:27 PM
Power Poster

I stumbled upon a roll of pellon cotton a long time
ago in a Tuesday Morning. (Now closed) but I like it and get it by the roll on Walmart. Com and it
comes to my door. For me it performs as well as warm and natural and less expensive.
Old 11-28-2023, 04:07 AM

I always do a search for "cotton batting on sale" (or wool, depending on what I'm looking for) - and then spend some time comparing. Sometimes, it actually ends up being less expensive by the package than by the roll. Sometimes it's a quilt/craft store (like Connecting Threads or Hancocks of Paducah), sometimes it's Amazon or WalMart.

Two years ago I got half size rolls of Pellon from WalMart. It was such a good deal that I ordered multiples, even though I'd never used it before. I agree with Stitchnripper, it's pretty much the same as W&N.
Old 11-28-2023, 04:23 AM

Love, love, love buying batting by the roll. I purchase from JoAnn's out of habit and because they always have a sale and deliver quickly with out any special delivery fee. I started when COVID prevented shopping in stores. W&N and often delivered in 3 days. Of course it is a big investment initially but it is cheaper in the long run. I especially like that all my scraps are the same batting and easy to frank-n-bat AKA piece together for another good usable batting
Old 12-03-2023, 10:12 AM

JoAnnes has a great price online…for 90” X 20 yards. Pellon . Free shipping. Hurry!