Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way >

Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way

Bonnie Hunter 2023-24 Mystery -- Indigo Way

Old 12-04-2023, 03:11 PM

Quiltbaer, Love those! Glad you are on board with us. This has been a highlight of mine each year and everyone in the group is so nice and super helpful.
Old 12-04-2023, 05:16 PM

1CharmShort…thank you! Tilda’s stuff is so fun to make..

Sync…..cool red fabric!

Quiltbear…..really pretty fabrics. I did last year’s mystery with a couple constants for 2 colors. Her patterns lend to either way, which is why I like them.

IB….looking good so far!

I am almost done with clue 2…everything cut and about 2/3 sewn and trimmed. Took a break and sewed with a friend today on another project but will get these done in the next couple of days…

Last edited by Teen; 12-04-2023 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-05-2023, 07:30 AM

Nice to see QuiltBaer join us -- I think that's a great choice of fabrics and will be lovely with one fabric each.

Contractor is almost done with closets but has other projects spread out downstairs for painting. I really tried to get this stuff done before we moved in but am happy that it will be done sooner rather than even later. Sometimes I need to remind myself... Anyway, this project is on hold for a few days and may not be done before Friday. I'm about half done with the sewing and the remaining half is set up with skinny triangles right side up and one side pinned to the red triangles. It should go fast once I have access to my space. I have this superstition about doing all the sewing on one project on the same machine... I know, doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

So today at quilting group I will trim the blocks that are sewn and then go back to work on my Christmas String quilt project.

Hope everyone is doing well and not stressing!
Old 12-05-2023, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
I have this superstition about doing all the sewing on one project on the same machine... I know, doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Actually, this makes perfect sense to me. I know that I need to change how I line up my fabric under the presser foot on my two machines in order to get the same 1/4" seam. It is much easier and going to be more accurate if I use the same machine for all piecing. :-)
Old 12-05-2023, 09:43 AM

All done with clue 2…ready for Friday..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1311.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	469.5 KB
ID:	646550  
Old 12-05-2023, 01:13 PM

I'm sure I've mentioned this on previous years' BHMQ threads, but I'm always so grateful and inspired to see people's blocks and fabric choices. I'm fascinated by how many fabrics I'd generally (formerly?) consider to be prints work perfectly as background/neutrals. I'm always learning here! :-)
Old 12-05-2023, 03:02 PM

Looking great, Teen!

I'm still plugging away on clue #1.
Old 12-05-2023, 05:26 PM

Way to go Teen, they're looking good. I'm about halfway done with clue 2
Old 12-06-2023, 10:16 AM

I finished up clue #1 last night; that gives me two days to make headway on #2. Can't wait to see what's in store for Friday!
Old 12-07-2023, 07:33 PM

I’m done sewing on part #1, just need to square and iron. I received the Tri rec ruler yesterday in the mail from JoAnns. I’m very happy it took less than 1 week. Yea. Unfortunately I didn’t get to part #2 yet. I just had to enjoy our lovely weather, sunny and in the mid 60’s in December. I’m wanting to practice my pp skills and have over 1/2 the pp pages printed. So I will do 1/3 to 1/2 paper pieces and the rest use the Tri rec ruler over the next week. I’m hoping we do 4-patches tomorrow or 9-patches will work too. I can whip those out with ease. I like to guess what sub block we will make and which fabrics before Bonnie post the next parts. I have a 50% correct guess rate. Well you all have a great night sleep. And happy quilting dreams.