Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders >

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

Old 12-06-2023, 06:20 AM

I won't get to watch the video until later in the afternoon. I'm excited to see what our next instruction will be. And thanks Ibex94, getting the picture of the block is helpful in theory as my ideas will probably go out the window when Ricky tells us of the "twist" that needs to be incorporated for this fling and I read the desires of the block owner. Anyway, it is fun to see what is headed my way.
Happy quilting or slicing, dicing and reassembling to everyone!
Joyce
Old 12-06-2023, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by 1CharmShort View Post
I'm still trying to find all my marbles. I went looking for the zoom meeting last friday... the 1st. Forgot it's the first Wednesday....not the first day each month
Hope everyone is excited about a new challenge.
I was thinking it was the first day of the month, too, and was in a horrible panic. Fortunately, all is well and my flung flimsy should be at its destination today.

This next set of instructions is going to be a fun one! I'm googling images to see what others may have done with it in the past.

Peckish -- after this month I will have a new mailing address. I'll remind you again in January.
Old 12-07-2023, 03:17 PM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

Finally watched yesterday’s video. The email question that he started with was mine. I have used his techniques in quilts and have had no issues with the smaller than 1/4” seam allowance’s but want to poll the group to see if anyone prefers that I NOT use his methods. Please let me know, I find the hardest part of this whole thing is my hesitation to do anything someone would not want done! 😵‍💫 makes sense to me 😂
Old 12-07-2023, 04:49 PM

I trust you to do the seam allowances as you see fit. He ended that video talking about how we get to make it our own at the end anyway so if anyone wants to slice and dice, they will. Reach for your joy as you build our quilts! That joy will scream out at us when we finally get our flimsy back.

If there was something we did not want, it should have been our our preference list. :-) It is on us if we didn't list it, not you.

May I double dare you to try to do something I am not going to like on my flimsy??
Old 12-07-2023, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by c joyce View Post
I won't get to watch the video until later in the afternoon. I'm excited to see what our next instruction will be. And thanks Ibex94, getting the picture of the block is helpful in theory as my ideas will probably go out the window when Ricky tells us of the "twist" that needs to be incorporated for this fling and I read the desires of the block owner. Anyway, it is fun to see what is headed my way.
Happy quilting or slicing, dicing and reassembling to everyone!
Joyce
So far, his "twists" have been pretty tame. I was admittedly a little scared but so far, so good!
Old 12-07-2023, 04:54 PM

You're a natural at this, Shawnee!
Old 12-07-2023, 04:58 PM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

lol, Ibex that may be a bit too hard! I will try to do as Janet suggested and hopefully, “make it better”. But thanks for your vote of confidence 😊

Opened the package with this month’s flimsy after the class 🤷🏻‍♀️🤔. I’m going to sleep on this one for inspiration and tell myself that I can do this!!
Old 12-07-2023, 05:01 PM

Oh yes you can! Just let the light flow through you! Speaking of light, Happy Hanukkah everyone! I heartily believe in celebrating everyone's holidays.
Old 12-07-2023, 10:35 PM

Ibex, I love the double dare.
Old 12-08-2023, 09:22 AM

I know it sounds heartless and uncaring but I don't care what happens to my starter block or yours. I will do my best on yours by following your manifesto and Ricky's twist and also take hints from what the previous Flinger has done. I don't want anyone to worry or fret over mine - it's just fabric, but the finished piece will be irreplaceable and priceless as it has the heart and soul of 6 quilters stitched into it. Will I ever give it away? NEVER. I've been scouting around my home for the perfect place to hang it...the living room, a seldom used bathroom, guest room to discourage long stays, in the laundry room...it will have a permanent place somewhere in my home waiting to be shown to visitors and bragged about how 6 strangers became the team that brought it to life.
I plan to copy the pictures of my piece from beginning to end and put into a sleeve protector and somehow attach to the back of the hanging so its historic (the 1st class of its kind by Ricky Tims) humble beginnings from one block to a finished piece of art that will tell the story and the label will give credit to all the artists.
All of you are so brave to go on this adventure and I am so grateful to a part of it with you.
Wishing all very Happy Holidays and a New Year full of quilting,
Joyce

Last edited by c joyce; 12-08-2023 at 09:41 AM. Reason: not finished