Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 12-06-2023, 12:21 PM

SBG, I agree. It’s nice to hear from Boomers.

My BH Morning Glories is still in the works. I’m about 2/3 of the way done. Maybe more. Here’s a pic of today’s work. Putting the centers in the oranges and sewing the nine patches together. I should finish these tonight. Then it’s onto the last 2 colors, red and purple.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Very beautifully executed 8 piece point, Janice! I made the Alaska quilt, which is made up entirely of those blocks, and they are a beast!

I love having this thread to chat in between Booms. What's everybody working on?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4797.jpeg
Views:	25
Size:	662.5 KB
ID:	646566  
Old 12-06-2023, 03:56 PM

Smile Thank you!

Hi quilters!
Thanks to you, my friend John will have two quilts to take to chemo with him. The nine patch is approx. 52 inches square. The twelve block quilt is more like 54 inches by 66 inches. They are completely finished, including the label. Yea! I couldn't have done it without you!

Happy holidays everyone!

Name:	John1.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	646567   Click image for larger version

Name:	John2.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	646568  
Old 12-06-2023, 04:21 PM

TerriAMN - So sorry you had such dental trouble. I hope you are feeling much better. Please be very careful about implants, though. My stepdaughter tried for over two years to get dental implants to work for her. Brittle and deteriorating bones run in her family, and she has finally decided dentures are the way to go.

Janice - I made the Bonnie Hunter mysteries in 2016 to 2018. She has some lovely patterns. Now I download the clues and ooh and awe over them. Your fabric choices are great. I like how the scissors show up in most of the blocks.

SBG - Best wishes to you on your health challenges, and I'm so glad you are doing better. Keep up the good work!

LogCabin82 - Wonderful layout! Please show pics when you've finished.

Have a great holiday season, everyone.
Old 12-06-2023, 05:33 PM

All2Pieces, you did a great job setting the blocks. What an awesome BOOM!
Old 12-07-2023, 02:32 AM

All2pieces, I absolutely love your two quilts! My goodness, you did a phenomenal job with block placement and settings. Excellent finishes! (And I never noticed all those scissors in my orange blocks until you pointed them out! Happily, they’ll be distributed throughout the quilt and not next to each other.)

Today I’ll get my Boom blocks up on the wall. Cannot wait to see if I can make two nice quilts from them. Both will be donation quilts.

Have I fine day, Boomers. I’m off to finish the orange blocks.
Old 12-07-2023, 05:59 AM

All2 pieces I really did a lot of thinking before choosing implants over a partial. Most everyone recommended the partial simply based on cost and my age. After finally making the decision it would be very disappointing if they don’t work out

Love both of your quilts All2pieces

Janice your blocks are gorgeous.

I was working on a small Christmas wall hanging of 3 gnomes. When we left Texas my face was throbbing so much it was left behind. When we get back I will finish it and be ahead for next year

Everyday I feel a little better but it sure has zapped my energy level. Started my Christmas baking, need to mail several boxes of cookies and breads off, timing is crucial
Old 12-07-2023, 07:32 AM

Here are my Boom blocks, in no particular order and my orange BHMG. I haven’t a clue how to put the Boom blocks together yet but I plan to make a quilt with 9 blocks and a second with 12. I’ll border them in some manner. Unfortunately, I realized too late that I gave you all a difficult fabric to work with. Those Santas are really too large and some of your lovely designs are lost in the fabric. It would have been better as a border. I’ll do better next round.

Name:	IMG_4802.jpeg
Views:	21
Size:	853.8 KB
ID:	646570   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4801.jpeg
Views:	15
Size:	822.7 KB
ID:	646571  
Old 12-07-2023, 09:29 AM

Here is my latest silk embroidery project. Hand dyed silk with seed beads. Really enjoyed making this one.

Old 12-07-2023, 11:22 AM

Log Cabin wow wow beautiful silk flowers.

Janice I thought your Santa bears were fun to work with. Your BHMG is going to be absolutely beautiful
Old 12-07-2023, 05:59 PM

Change of plans. I forgot I’d already begun the QAYG Under the Sea blocks from the last Boom. I pulled them out and tomorrow I’ll start quilting. Same as with my Santa Blocks, I’ll make two quilts. The orange you see around a few blocks will be the back. I haven’t decided on the sashing color yet. I’ll decide once they are quilted.

Name:	IMG_4805.jpeg
Views:	23
Size:	973.9 KB
ID:	646575