Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders >

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

Old 12-08-2023, 10:09 AM

No Joyce
Doesn't sound heartless or uncaring
It sounds like artistic freedom and fun.
But well said on everything else. And I love the idea of pictures on the back....
Old 12-08-2023, 04:04 PM

My sweet Hurtles -- you all are so much fun to hang with. Joyce, we are kindred spirits. I too, love that we are working to help one another with our projects and intend to treasure my end product because of everyone's willingness to help out like-minded strangers. Strangers no longer, right?

If any of you have never looked at Bonnie Hunter's free mystery quilt instructions, you may want to take a peek at this year's project. (Past mystery quilts are now "for pay" patterns). https://quiltville.blogspot.com/p/in...y-mystery.html Look at Clue 3 for an example.

I hope I'm not giving you a spoiler on what may be coming your way in the next round....

She plays with shapes and gives very good instructions on how to make a particular block. Those instructions from past and the current mystery have been giving me ideas on how to be a Mad Adder! I steal inspiration from everywhere.
Old 12-08-2023, 05:20 PM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

Well said Joyce! And yes, strangers no longer 💕.
Joyce your idea of a pictorial to go with it sounds great, years ago a printed pictures of a grandson with a teddy for each of his first 12 months, I have to dig it out because the final picture( not printed )is of him and teddy on his 18th birthday. Seems like that technique would make a great backing fabric 🤔. I’m with you that this baby will be hung in my home, No worries over size. There are some huge blank walls 😂. I promise to let go of my hesitation and just have fun 🤩. Thank you all for the opportunity to grow together and share 😘
Old 12-09-2023, 10:48 AM

Favorite colors….
I am finally happy with a design for the label. It’s way bigger than a normal label ( approximately 14x11) but I like it. Is this size acceptable?

Everyone’s colors I came up with:
Joyce- dark reds
Ibex- blues and greens
Peckish- pink and navy
Shawnee/ reds and pinks

Plix, could you please send your favorites again. I can’t find it?
Old 12-09-2023, 11:15 AM

Yiaya, The size is fine with me. I'll just incorporate it as part of a pieced back since that is my intention for a backing. Thanks so much for doing labels.
Old 12-09-2023, 02:48 PM

I swear someone told me that they like yellow, orange and reds but can’t find it anywhere!! 🤷🏻‍♀️
Old 12-09-2023, 03:37 PM

yellow orange red.....fire colors who doesn't love those!?!
Old 12-11-2023, 12:12 AM

Hi fellow flingers
I found this site when climbing out of a rabbit hole, and thought it just might help stimulate some creative juices. I hope everyone is not too stressed by this new challenge so close to the holidays.
https://makersnook.com/modern-quilt-patterns/

and just for fun, a bit of eye candy
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=award+winn...ages&ia=images

https://createwhimsy.com/category/qu...s/?dps_paged=3

and square triangles here
https://www.cpquilters.org/wp-conten...1-781x1024.jpg

Last edited by 1CharmShort; 12-11-2023 at 12:15 AM.
Old 12-11-2023, 09:06 AM

Gosh, great links! Thank you!

Yiaya -- thank you in advance for the label!

Wait until you all get Shawnee's project. Talk about rabbit holes!! My brain cells are stretching out! I sure am having fun with this. I hope you all are too. At some point this month we should put some funny hats on and meet in Zoom so we can capture a screen shot to send over to Ricky. The nice thing about crazy hats is I can hide as much of my face as I want to for the picture. I won't be able to do anything until after Dec 25. Are any of you up for meeting that last week of December? We can put it off to January.

Another idea is for you to send a picture you want to share to the Mad Adders website and I can combine them into one picture. Should we color coordinate to the label colors Yiaya is gathering?

Be on the lookout for great hats in the meantime.
Old 12-11-2023, 01:05 PM

Oh shoot! Ibex - I just realized I forgot to take a process photo of Shawnee's project to send to Western Wilson!! Have you added to it yet? If not, would you be so kind as to take a photo and send it to her for me?

Sigh.... 🤦