Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 12-07-2023, 09:33 PM

LogCabin82 - such gorgeous handiwork! What are you decorating with the silk flowers? It must be an heirloom for someone.

Janice - that's a lovely orange around the QAYG blocks. Would it be appropriate for the sashing as well as the back? At least on one set of blocks? Also, your BH is looking very good.

Terriamn - here's wishing you a successful procedure and a speedy recovery. And cheers for being ahead on next year's projects!

Ibex, everyone - thanks for the nice comments. They are much appreciated. Everyone here is so talented and generous with their skills.
Old 12-14-2023, 09:56 AM
Power Poster

Hi Boomers!
Well, the only thing I could show you is how I've mastered using the ice machine on my new knee!
I'm happy to report that I'm doing quite well. This one was easier than the last. I go to PT twice a week and exercise and ice at home.
I love seeing all that you're doing and can't wait to get back into my sewing room. I cleaned it right before surgery so it would look welcoming on my return.
I hope you're all having a wonderful holiday season! HUGS
Old 12-14-2023, 10:48 AM

Hi SusieQ! I’m happy to hear this one was easier than the last. That, and knowing what to expect as far as PT is concerned, should make the next weeks better than the last time around. When you get back into your sewing room, be sure to post pix. Take care and keep icing!
Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Hi Boomers!
Well, the only thing I could show you is how I've mastered using the ice machine on my new knee!
I'm happy to report that I'm doing quite well. This one was easier than the last. I go to PT twice a week and exercise and ice at home.
I love seeing all that you're doing and can't wait to get back into my sewing room. I cleaned it right before surgery so it would look welcoming on my return.
Old 12-14-2023, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Hi Boomers!
So good to hear your good news, hugs back at'cha and happy holidays!
Old 12-14-2023, 02:00 PM
Power Poster

Glad you are having an easier time with the second knee, SusieQ! That's great to hear!

I went out and finished up my Christmas shopping today. Even tho this is a Thursday, everywhere was packed! People must be taking time off work to shop. I'm so happy to be done! Now, to wrap it all.
Old 12-15-2023, 04:59 AM

SusieQOH, Congrats on making it through knee surgery.. I wish you a speedy recovery. Keep up the good work on pt and icing. Hugs and well wishes to you.
Old 12-15-2023, 05:09 AM

Good morning! So close to being done pp’ing my units for Morning Glories but I discovered at least half of my purple blocks have a tension issue! For some unknown reason the bottom thread is just lying on the fabric on some pieces, not meeting in the middle, so I have to redo over half of them. I didn’t pick it up until I was de-papering them. A disappointment to be sure but better to fix it than not. Back to piecing!

Hope everyone celebrating the holidays is ready. I’ve just got a few stocking stuffers to find but otherwise I’m done. Have a great weekend.
Old 12-15-2023, 05:27 AM

Happy holidays, everyone!

We had a great time at the wedding over the weekend. That's 3 out of 4 of hubby's grand kids married. The fourth is contemplating marriage after finishing her doctorate. My oldest (the one recovering from cancer) flew in on the last day and we picked her up. She's visiting us until the 30th. Yea!!

We invited our friends to dinner last night. We wanted to share time and catch up , as well as introduce my oldest to our friends.
Anyway, after the meal I gave John the 2 quilts y'all helped me make for him. He was overwhelmed. He even had tears in his eyes over the beautiful blocks and the thoughtfulness each of you put into the designs. He said that he is definitely bringing them to Texas when he travels for the next chemo session.

Thanks again for all the prayers and encouragement (and effort) included in each block. It means so much to me and John.

May you realize all your many blessings this holiday season. Happy holidays!
Old 12-15-2023, 09:29 AM

A2P, I’m thrilled your husband loved his quilts. They will bring him comforts of home when he’s away getting his treatment. Sounds like the wedding and last night’s gathering were just wonderful. Such happy news!
Old 12-16-2023, 07:15 AM

A2P, so glad your hubby loved his quilts.

SusieQ fabulous news this knee is healing so well, wising you the best of luck on your PT

Sewbiz we went to Costco last Monday and the place was jammed. Hubby said what the heck doesn’t anyone work anymore!

Janice how frustrating on your tension being off

I am feeling much better from my oral surgery, mouth and jaw still feel strange but they don’t ache anymore

My oldest dd arrived Thursday and today we celebrate Christmas with hubby’s siblings. Let the festivities begin.