cat spray Feliway

Old 12-12-2023, 07:09 PM

Default cat spray Feliway

has anyone used the Feliway spray or diffuser for nervous cats? my visitor has a "room" cat that is very nervous around other cats and my 3 year old nervous cat is more nervous. Diffusers are not something I want but they have the spray. anyone use this one or any other brand that might help the two cats not be so frightened of each other?? She will be here about a month!
Old 12-13-2023, 05:57 AM

I haven't heard of that but I have heard diffusers can be toxic to cats because they actually spread oil in the air.
Sometimes it takes a long time for cats to bond, if they ever do. Shy and hide are coping mechanisms Unless they are spraying furniture, I'd just let them be. You are lovely for letting your friend bring her kitty.
Old 12-13-2023, 07:03 AM

Yes i'm thinking it over more now. The visiting kitty is so frightened of everything and everyone. Lived only in my granddtr's room due to her Mother and now goes with her to College as her support animal. So it hates other people. my kitty is about 3 yrs old and very scared of the other kitty who is very large. They can be in the same room but not close to each other. These visits are trying on me too.But the plug in Feliway had warnings of fires happening and the spray bottles sometimes only last a short time. too expensive for all that. So i decided not to get any. I put my kitty in my bedroom last night. i can't rely on her cat to stay in her room and do not want a cat fight! (())
Old 12-13-2023, 07:53 AM

I have used both the spray and plug in Feliway. It worked for my cat, calmed him down. The warning regarding fires are on there as a cover your butt. I have nightlights that have the same warning on them. So many people just waiting to sue someone over something. My shampoo bottle has a warning, Do not Drink Shampoo, can cause upset stomach and diarrhea.
Old 12-13-2023, 08:10 AM

I have the feliaway plug ins on every floor for all my 4 cats. One cannot just throw new cats together though, one should introduce cats slowly. So perhaps keeping the visitor in a room during the day and then putting your cat in a room in the evening for a bit so the visitor can spend time with you in common areas will help them both feel more comfortable.
Old 12-13-2023, 09:20 AM

ha, ha."Do not drink shampoo", OK i will not do that. I know everything has warnings, just to mainly protect the sellers.
Our internet provider was here recently and gave us a "box" to plug in. That thing got so HOT. seriously hot. we unplugged it and no worries after that. sigh. why in the world would they tell you to plug in something that would do that? anyway, I am always careful of anything electrical.
Old 12-13-2023, 09:29 AM

Oh, poor kitty, hate to think of it in a collage situation. Wow, bad enough for confident People!
Old 12-17-2023, 07:14 PM

We have used Feliway when our older cat was so upset (for months) about the new cat, absolutely think it helped.